Here are some of the projects underway in and around our community from across Municipal operations.
- Residential tie-in work on the new Taulbut Street water main is complete. We would like to extend a special thank you to all residents and businesses in this area for their patience. Crews will still be in the area repairing sidewalks, finishing the storm line, and completing lawn restorations over the next few weeks.
- A new water main is being installed along the Cedar Valley Connector, between Lougheed Highway and 7th Avenue. The work will run Monday to Friday, 4:00 am to 3:30 pm daily for several weeks. There will be single lane road closures during the hours of construction. Please follow all onsite traffic controls.
- Roads and drainage crews are busy working to replace nine culverts on Stave Lake Street North. Stave Lake Street will be closed to all traffic between White Avenue and Dale Road Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 5:00 pm until August 18. Please use Lougheed Highway as an alternate route.
- Public Works crews will continue pressure washing, brushing and repainting yellow curbs in the downtown area, working hard to clean up 1st Avenue.
- Utility crews are working on hydrant maintenance, including painting and clearing the brush and grass from around hydrants.
Parks, Recreation & Culture
Parks, Recreation, Arts & Culture Master Plan Input
We’re building a plan to guide how we manage Parks, Recreation, Arts & Culture over the next 10-15 years. Visit mission.ca/your-voice to help us identify priorities and opportunities for improving Parks, Recreation, Arts & Culture in Mission.
Rec on Tour
Coming soon to a park near you – our Play Leaders will be on location from 5:00 pm -7:00 pm with games, crafts, and more!
August 15 – Centennial Park
August 22 – Lightburn Park
Call our Parks & Rec Department at 604-820-5350 for more information.
Envision Twilight Concert Series
Free concerts will be held in Fraser River Heritage Park every Wednesday and Friday at 7pm until the end of August. Bring a lawn chair or blanket and enjoy the incredible views and wide variety of entertainment. Visit mission.ca/fraser-river-heritage-park to check out the full list of scheduled performers.
Looking for fun things to do in our community? Visit our website mission.ca/events to view upcoming community events.
MissionFest – August 12
MissionFest is back, and it’s going to be huge! With 3-storey inflatables, a zipline, music, train rides, mountain bike demos, amazing balloon animals, face painting, bouncy castles, a maze, and more, it’s something the whole family will enjoy. The fun starts in downtown Mission at 10:00 am.
Cinema under the Stars – August 12
Bring blankets, lawn chairs and enjoy a free open air movie night, with popcorn, thanks to Prospera Credit Union. Back to the Future will start once the sun has set.