Here are some of the projects underway in and around our community from across Municipal operations.
- Residential tie-in work on the new Taulbut Street water main is complete. We would like to extend a special thank you to all residents and businesses in this area for their patience. Crews will still be in the area repairing sidewalks, finishing the storm line, and completing lawn restorations over the next few weeks.
- Roads and drainage crews have completed replacement work on nine culverts on Stave Lake Street North and the road is now open between White Avenue and Dale Road. We would like to extend a special thank you to all residents in this area for their patience during the replacement work.
- A new water main is being installed along the Cedar Valley Connector, between Lougheed Highway and 7th Avenue. The work will run Monday to Friday, 4:00 am to 3:30 pm daily for several weeks. There will be single lane road closures during the hours of construction. Please follow all onsite traffic controls.
- Public Works crews will continue pressure washing, brushing and repainting yellow curbs in the downtown area, working hard to clean up 1st Avenue.
- Utility crews are working on hydrant maintenance, including painting and clearing the brush and grass from around hydrants.
Parks, Recreation & Culture
Rec on Tour
Our Play Leaders will be on location at Lightburn Park on August 22 from 5:00 pm -7:00 pm with games, crafts, and more! Call our Parks & Rec Department at 604-820-5350 for more information.
Old Fashioned Swim Party
Wrap up your summer with a good ole’ fashioned swim party at the Mission Leisure Centre on August 25 from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm. The day plans to be fun for all ages with popcorn, lemonade, sandcastles and old time games. Admission will be just $1.25 in honour of Mission’s 125th anniversary.
Leisure Centre Annual Pool Maintenance – Aug 26-Sep 17
The pools in the Leisure Centre will be closed for annual maintenance from August 26 – September 17. All other areas of the Leisure Centre will be open and fully accessible during this time. This annual closure is scheduled during the quietest time of the year and is required for maintenance, cleaning and upgrades.
Parks, Recreation, Arts & Culture Master Plan Input
We’re building a plan to guide how we manage Parks, Recreation, Arts & Culture over the next 10-15 years. Visit mission.ca/your-voice to help us identify priorities and opportunities for improving Parks, Recreation, Arts & Culture in Mission.
Envision Twilight Concert Series
Free concerts will be held in Fraser River Heritage Park every Wednesday and Friday at 7pm until the end of August. Bring a lawn chair or blanket and enjoy the incredible views and wide variety of entertainment. Visit mission.ca/fraser-river-heritage-park to check out the full list of scheduled performers.