Every owner, or his or her agent, shall obtain a permit required in connection with the proposed construction prior to commencing construction on his or her real property.
Permit applications may be made through the District of Mission’s Building/Inspection Services Department. General guidelines are available outlining what is required when you apply for a permit:
- Applying for a permit – Single Family Dwelling
- Applying for a permit – Multi-Family, Commercial, Industrial, Institutional
- Applying for a swimming pool permit
- Applying for a sign permit
- Applying for a mobile home permit
Building permit application Building Permit Application form
All construction must conform to the current B.C. Building Code.
Regulations regarding fences are contained within Zoning Bylaw 5050-2009, Section 111, A.
Reference can also be made to Building Bylaw 3590-2003 which provides for the administration of the Building Code in the District of Mission.