The bylaw enforcement area of the Development Services Department is responsible for administering and enforcing the various regulatory bylaws of the Municipality. Some of the areas of responsibility include: complaints, parking enforcement, and licencing.
The bylaw enforcement department seeks to gain compliance with City regulatory bylaw requirements by: informing, educating and as a last resort, by using the enforcement process. Enforcement of the District of Mission bylaws is a complaint generated system, with the exception of imminent life safety issues.
Bylaw complaints must be received in writing Complaint Form to the Development Services Department. Please include the following information with your written complaint:
- Name of the complainant
- Address and telephone number of the complainant
- Address of location of offence
- Detailed description of complant (include description and licence plate number of vehicle if applicable)
Anonymous complaints will not be accepted by the District of Mission. Anonymity of the complainant will be maintained at all times, except when necessary to provide court evidence.
- Education is the preferred option
- Achieve compliance by agreement
- Issuing a fine using the Municipal Ticket Information
- In extreme cases the District of Mission may order the situation to be rectified, or take action to eliminate the hazard or damage, and require the person to pay the costs incurred to do so.
The District of Mission appreciates your patience during our bylaw enforcement process.