The District has launched WebMap, our new web-based GIS mapping system, which features an innovative new technology that makes information available to the public with internet access. Mission WebMap provides a powerful visual tool which makes it easy for the public, District employees, contractors, developers, and consultants to access information online. Mission WebMap is available at http://map.mission.ca
The following highlights the types of information WebMap is offering:
- Utilities (e.g., water, sanitary, and storm sewer systems),
- Planning (e.g., zoning, OCP, neighbourhood areas, etc.),
- Transportation, and
- Property information
WebMap also provides measuring tools, search engine, and report producing capabilities. WebMap offers 3 levels of information ranging from detailed information for DOM employees to general information for the public. After accepting the terms listed on the main page, public can select the “default Login” option at WebMap’s main page to use it. For security reasons, DOM has limited the level of information available to the public at large. DOM citizens can contact municipal hall in person, if they require more detailed information on their properties.
For more information on Mission WebMap features, Click Here.
If you are having any problems with the WebMap on your computer, here are some things you can try:
- Download the newest version of your web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari.
- Make sure you are running the newest version of Silverlight in your browser. You can download this from http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight
- Download the latest version of Java for your PC. This is available from http://www.java.com/en/download/
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact: