In cooperation with the Community Care Facilities Licensing, Health Protection & Safety Branch, the Mission Fire/Rescue Service conducts fire inspections of all Licensed Daycares.
Basic requirements may include:
- Smoke alarms
- Fire extinguisher
- Security of furnace and hotwater tank if open flame is present
- Simple fire safety plan and log
- General safety inspection
- Alternate egress (especially if below grade)
- Non-combustible waste receptacles
- Artwork, etc. limited to 20%
General Daycare Fire Safety Plan Guidelines are attached for your use.