The 6th annual youth fitness challenge training period runs September 24 – October 21. During this time, youth have the opportunity to train for the ultimate 30 station, mud-filled Obstacle Course which takes place on Saturday October 21. Mission STRONG is about building strong minds, strong character and a strong sense of self among the youth in Mission.
How it works…
Step 1. Register
Register before September 28 at the Mission Leisure Centre reception. Registration fee is $20. There are two age categories: 9-12yrs & 13-16yrs. The challenge runs September 24-October 21, with an obstacle course on Saturday October 21st.
The $20 registration fee includes:
- Access to the Mission Leisure Centre during the challenge period (September 24-October 21). Access includes:
- Public swimming, public skates, open gym time, Fitness Room (13+*) and specialized fitness classes for challenge participants
- Mission Strong T-Shirt
- Entrance to the Obstacle course October 21
- Fun-filled wrap-up celebration October 21
- Chance to win some great prizes at the STRONG training fitness classes!
*Fitness Room access is limited to 13+, Mon-Fri 3-5pm or anytime with an adult or completion of the Teen Introduction to Weight Training. Fitness room orientation required.
Click below for registration forms. Completed registration forms are to be submitted to Mission Leisure Centre reception along with the $20 registration fee by September 29.
- 2017 – Mission Strong Registration Form – 9-12 yrs
- 2017 – Mission Strong Registration Form – 13-16 yrs
Step 2. Train
Come to the Mission Leisure Centre as often as you like between September 24-October 21st and take advantage of the FULL access to public swimming, public skating, specialized STRONG fitness classes and so much more! All this is included in your $20 entry fee.
Attend the specialized STRONG fitness classes on Tuesday and Thursday for your chance to win prizes! Random classes will be selected for prize draws – attend them all for your best chance to win!
Step 4. Challenge yourself
On Saturday October 21st, you are invited to participate in the 6th annual 30 station, mud-filled obstacle course where you can see your training pay off!
Obstacle course takes place at 2:00pm at Centennial Park.
Step 5. Celebrate!
Following the obstacle course, you will be invited to celebrate your success with refreshments at our wrap-up reception up at Centennial Park.