Councillor Jenny Stevens
Councillor Jenny Stevens is a retired physiotherapist, teacher and business woman who has been a District Councillor in Mission since 1999. She has held a variety of Council appointments over the past 12 years. Her current portfolio is Forestry. She also represents Mission on the Regional Library Board and is an alternate for Parks, Recreation and Culture.
Jenny is a long-time community volunteer and has served on a number of Boards and Committees including as UFV Governor from 1995 to 2002. She is currently a Board Director with the Heritage Park Association.
Jenny was born in Britain but is proud to say that she is a Canadian by choice – a resident of Mission since 1982. She is a dedicated family person, the mother of six children and has twelve grandchildren.
District of Mission Appointments:
- District of Mission Development Corporation Director
- Forestry Standing Committee (Chair)
- Parks, Recreation and Culture Standing Committee (Alternate Chair)
Mission Representative on:
- Fraser Valley Regional Library Board
- Mission Community Heritage Commission
- Mission Literacy in Motion Board of Directors
- Municipal Grants Committee
Mission Alternate Representative on:
- Committee to Approve Public Events (Alternate)
- FVRD Board of Directors and FVRD Hospital Board of Director (Alternate)
- Fraser Valley Treaty Advisory Committee (First Alternate)
- Mission Abbotsford Transit Committee (Alternate)
- Mission Association for Senior Housing (Alternate)
- Mission Community Foundation (Alternate)
- Mission Community Health Planning Study Steering Committee (Alternate)
- Mission Heritage Association (Alternate)