Councillor Jeff Jewell
Councillor Jeff Jewell graduated from the University of Toronto with a degree in Engineering and is now retired after working 25 years in municipal management with the City of Burnaby and Alberta Municipal Affairs.
His career focused on Information Technology and management, working for IBM, McMaster University, l’Université Libre de Bruxelles (Brussels, Belgium) and Alberta Government Telephones (now Telus). In addition to having owned and operated a small retail business, Jeff is a past president of the Urban and Regional Information Systems Association of BC and was team statistician for the Edmonton Oilers during their championship years. He has also been dedicated to participating in charitable fundraising and has been a leader in a number of United Way campaigns.
Jeff and his wife Diana have lived in Mission for six years and have two children and five grandchildren.
As Councillor, Jeff is looking forward to working on the issues that inspired him to run for Council and is committed to delivering tax relief and open and accountable government for the citizens of Mission.
District of Mission Appointments:
- District of Mission Development Corporation Director
Mission Representative on:
- Abbotsford Mission Water & Sewer Commission
- Emergency Planning Committee
- Lifetime Learning Centre Society
- Mission Abbotsford Transit Committee
- Mission Healthy Community Council (Co-Chair)
- Traffic Safety Select Committee
Mission Alternate Representative on:
- Fraser Valley Regional Library Board (Alternate)
- Mission District Historical Society (Alternate)