Here are some of the projects underway in and around our community from across Municipal operations.
- Road crews will be starting blacktop patching in various locations. This work will include blacktop repairs near driveways, road crossings and utility access sites.
- Utility crews are replacing the water main on Taulbut Street, and are currently working in the area of Plumridge Avenue and 10th Avenue. This work will continue throughout the summer along Taulbut between 7th and 14th Avenue. Be prepared for traffic delays and plan your route accordingly.
- District utility crews are out in various locations doing unidirectional flushing, an annual process that flushes water through the hydrants to clean the water mains. All affected properties will have received a hand delivered letter with information on what to expect and how to flush their own lines in the event of water quality issues. Affected residents are welcome to call Public Works at 604-820-3761 if they experience any issues with their water quality or service following flushing in their area.
- Residents using the new water fill station at Mill Pond may experience difficulties with their fobs. Due to the remote location of the station, cellular reception can be weak and the station experiences frequent power outages. District staff perform scheduled resets every Tuesday and Friday. If users receive an error message when using their fobs, they may need to swipe their fob up to 5 times. If the issue persists, please call Public Works at 604-820-3761 and our staff will reset the system. Please not that anything covering the fob (e.g. tape, paper, etc.) will interfere with the swiping function.
Property Taxes Have Been Mailed Out
2017 Property Tax Notices have now been mailed out to all Mission property owners. Payments and eligible Home Owner Grant applications are due on or before Tuesday, July 4, 2017.
Claim your home owner grant online at mission.ca as soon as you receive your tax notice and then it’s done! Pre-set the payment date for June 28 to eliminate the confusion over the timing as payments can take up to three days to process.
Parks, Recreation & Culture
June lineup of events in Fraser River Heritage Park
- June 4 – Heritage 125th Community Picnic
- June 6 – Walk Among Us (Cemetery Tour)
- June 8 – Walk Among Us (Cemetery Tour)
- June 9 – August 30 – Envision Twilight Concert Series (Wednesdays and Fridays from 7-8pm)
- June 11 – Mission Arts Council Children’s Festival
- June 18 – Father’s Day Old Car Sunday in the Park
- June 21 – National Aboriginal Day
- June 25 – Rose Garden Tea
Volunteers Needed for Canada Day
Planning is underway for Mission’s annual Canada Day celebrations at Fraser River Heritage Park and we need your help! We are in need of enthusiastic volunteers to make the day come alive. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.