for the latest information and service updates as we respond to COVID-19.
- The BC River Forecast Centre has downgraded their flood predictions for the Fraser River to about 6 metres at the Mission Bridge early next week
- These projections are estimates at this point and there remains some uncertainty. The estimates will continue to be refined on a daily basis and will become more certain as we get closer to the weekend.
- The District has activated its Emergency Operations Centre and is following its Flood Protection Plan: https://www.mission.ca/municipal-hall/departments/fire-rescue/flood-protection/
- At this time, there is no need to construct temporary dikes along Harbour Ave nor to provide sand and sand bags to low lying areas
- More information at https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/environment/air-land-water/water/drought-flooding-dikes-dams/river-forecast-centre
- Keep well back from the banks of the Fraser River and other flooded areas as ground is unstable when saturated
- Please continue to monitor relevant the District’s website, social media channels and local media for more updates