The Tourism Committee is a sub-committee of the Economic Development Select Committee; and was created in 2019 to act as an advisory body providing advice and support to the City of Mission on tourism initiatives.
The mandate of the Tourism Committee is to provide recommendations to the Economic Development Select Committee on policies, procedures and strategic direction for the purposes of marketing and promoting the City of Mission’s tourism assets.
- Inclusive – we value and celebrate our diversity.
- Open and Accountable – We value open debate and commit to making decisions in the best interests of the whole community.
- Trust – The committee trust each other and staff to work to the best interests of the whole community.
- Future Focused – Plan for the needs of future generations with careful consideration of the long-term impacts of decisions made today.
- Sustainability – balancing the economic, social, environmental and cultural sustainability.
- Communication and engagement – ensuring the community are informed and engaged.