Inspection Booking Notification
Inspections are currently being booked 5-7 business days in advance; please plan accordingly. Your patience is appreciated.
It is the responsibility of the owner/agent to request inspections through the City of Mission Building Department. Every effort is made to carry out inspections as quickly as possible, but 24 hours notice is required in order for inspections to be properly scheduled.
Monday – Friday: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Inspector availability for phone/front counter inquiries
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday: 8:00 am – 9:00 am, 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Wednesdays: 9:00 am – 10:00 am, 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
All inspections must be booked by using the new online inspection booking tool. You will be emailed confirmation of the date that your inspection will be conducted.
Online Booking Inspection Information:
- Each permit number requires a new booking regardless of buildings being on the same property (ie. house and coach house require separate inspections)
- To book an inspection you will need your 8-digit permit number (ie. 20200123) or a receipt number for city service connection inspections (ie. I7-1234567)
- There is space to leave a comment with regards to your inspection (ie. plans are in the mechanical room)
*All Inspection requests received after the cut-off time of 3:00 pm will be processed the following business day.
*due to a high volume of inspections we do not take morning or afternoon requests, instead, the inspector will number the inspections in the order they will do them. You can call 604-820-3726 by 9:00 am to find out what number you are on the list and plan accordingly.
Preparing for an Inspection
- To avoid delays, all of your documentation must either be received in the office, uploaded with your inspection requests, or on-site available during the inspection
- Ensure any outstanding re-inspection fees are paid prior to your inspection (as noted on your previous inspection slip)
- Inspectors will not call before attending an inspection
- All documents sealed by an engineer must be original and submitted on-site or delivered to the office prior to scheduled inspections. Sealed documents uploaded online will not be accepted.
- To cancel or reschedule an inspection please call 604-820-3726 by 9:00 am on the date of the scheduled inspection.
Online Inspection Booking
COVID-19 Safety Measures:
- Please wear a mask during inspection if you are present
- Practice social distancing while inspector is on-site
- For occupied buildings you must conduct a pre-screen questionnaire by calling 604-820-3726