The Economic Development Department oversees and coordinates business retention and expansion, investment attraction, marketing and communications, tourism services, film production and workforce development in the City of Mission.
In other words – It’s all about creating synergy and enabling our community to grow and thrive.
We are primed and ready for investment, offering spectacular natural beauty, affordable land, a diverse workforce and accessibility to major highways, border crossings and airports. Mission residents enjoy an enviable lifestyle, surrounded by spectacular mountain vistas, the Fraser River and a 26,000 acre municipal forest teeming with lakes and trails. With a host of cultural, music and family events throughout the year, Mission encapsulates all that is community. It is therefore not surprising that we receive significant interest from developers, investors and businesses looking to offer residential, commercial, industrial and institutional projects.
Local Hiring Statistics
Current Priorities and Services Provided
- Increase growth of the industrial and commercial business sectors within Mission to create local employment opportunities and diversify the City of Mission’s tax base.
- Act as a liaison between various City of Mission departments and the business and development community.
- Execute the economic development objectives of Council’s Strategic Plan.
- Annual creation of investment collateral including the Mission Community Profile, brochures, site selection information and on-line presence.
- Educate the Lower Mainland real-estate and development firms on investment opportunities within Mission.
- Actively engaged in a formalized business retention, expansion and attraction activities.
- Broadening our community and post-secondary educational opportunities.
- Managing major community development initiatives, such as the Waterfront Revitalization Initiative and the Employment Lands Strategy.
- Coordinating and/or participating in regional economic development initiatives.
- Responsible for promoting Mission as an ideal film location to the production industry. The department works in conjunction with the engineering, parks, and public works departments in servicing the film production community.
- Film policy development.
- Representation for the Fraser Valley Regional Film Cooperative.
- Responsible for supporting tourism marketing and promotion for the City of Mission.
- Attraction of tourism related infrastructure investment, such as accommodations, destination tourism sites and food and beverage operators.
- Coordination of regional marketing initiatives, such as the Scenic 7 Tourism Alliance.
- Collaboration with the Tourism Committee.
Contact Economic Development
34033 Lougheed Highway
Mission, BC V2V 5X8
Toll Free 1-866-814-1222
Economic Development Officer
Manager of Tourism/ Film Liaison