Damage Claims

The following information is provided to assist the resident involved in an incident that may result in property damage.

A member of the Public Works staff will respond to seek information. The Public Works staff will not be authorized to determine who is at fault in relation to the incident, they will simply be attempting to assist you and to collect information related to the incident, possibly including photographs.

If you suffer damages to your property, we suggest that you take the following steps:

  1. Immediately take whatever steps are necessary (and possible) to minimize the damages.
  2. Keep copies of all your receipts related to the incident.
  3. Record the date and time of the incident, and location of the damages.
  4. Take photographs of the damages.
  5. Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
  6. Contact Public Works as soon as possible by calling the emergency phone number shown on this page and advise us that you have property damage.

If you believe you have a claim against the municipality in regard to this incident, please complete this form or write a letter (including all details related to the incident), and send with copies of receipts attached to:


City of Mission
Corporate Administration
8645 Stave Lake Street, PO Box 20
Mission, BC V2V 4L9


Public Works 24-Hour line

For Emergency & Non-emergency issues