Keystone Bridge Replacement Project
|Construction||August 6, 2021 – October 2021|
*Work will require a full road closure on Keystone Avenue to ALL traffic.
Notice to Residents
See the Notice to Residents here.
Hanna Infrastructure Ltd.
Engineering Technologist lll – Capital Projects
The existing Keystone Road Bridge crossing over Hairsine Creek is an 8.4m long structure supported by prestressed concrete girders. The steel reinforcing within the prestressed girders is showing signs of deterioration necessitating the replacement of the entire structure.
The new bridge will be wider and longer and will accommodate higher stream flows from Hairsine Creek. Works include some channel widening and armoring. All environmental approvals are in place and environmental monitoring will be completed by the City of Mission in accordance with Provincial and Federal approvals and regulations.
In order to complete these works safely and efficiently, Keystone Avenue will be closed to traffic from Wolf Street to Dewdney Trunk Road. Changeable message boards will be in place to notify the public and the detour route will be marked with signage.
NOTE: Commercial trucks must stay on the City of Mission Truck Routes. Wren Street bridge is subject to load restrictions.
Mission Fire Rescue Response Plan
If partial access to the roadway is available to emergency traffic:
- Both Station 3 apparatus will remain at Station 3.
- Station 3 responders will be given priority access through the site by flagging crew
If access to the roadway is not available to emergency traffic (the road is blocked):
- Tender 3 from Station 3 will be positioned on the east side of the construction site.
- All personal gear for station 3 members living on the east side will be moved to the same location.
- Mission response plan will be amended to send T1 to all zone three calls as a first out apparatus to all fire-related incidents.