Transportation Master Plan
Transportation is an essential part of everyday life, affecting our community’s health, environment, and economy. An efficient transportation network allows people and goods to safely move in and around the City and is essential for supporting a complete, connected community as we grow.
Mission Mobility 2050
The City of Mission is updating its Transportation Master Plan to shape the future of transportation in Mission and to respond to ongoing growth and development. Starting in December 2020, the City will take a 10-month process to create Mission Mobility 2050—a plan to address increasing pressures on our transportation system by making recommendations to improve all modes of transportation, including walking, cycling, transit, and motor vehicles.
Project Timelines & Reports
Read about the Transportation Master Plan process, project timelines, and the work done to date.
Phase 1: Conditions Review & Public Consultation - Current
The project team are completing an existing conditions review and will consult with stakeholders and residents from December 1, 2020 to January 8, 2021.
Get involved at engage.mission.ca
Phase 2: Drafting the Plan - Upcoming
Based on the results of Phase 1, the project team will develop a draft Transportation Master Plan from February to June 2021.
Phase 3: Final Plan - Upcoming
The draft plan will be reviewed, updated, and finalized in the summer of 2021 before being presented to City Council in September 2021.
The following five objectives for Mission’s Transportation Master Plan are set out in the Official Community Plan:
- Provide a safe, balanced and integrated transportation system giving consideration to all modes of transportation – pedestrian, public transit, private vehicle, bicycles and other alternative modes;
- Provide an efficient, safe and pleasant road network to meet the existing and future needs of the community;
- Support a public transit system that provides a convenient alternative to the automobile, and promotes transit-supportive land-use development;
- Encourage walking within the community and provide for a safe, convenient and pleasant environment for pedestrians; and,
- Support cycling as an important travel mode and work towards a comprehensive, City-wide system of trails and facilities for cyclists.
Transportation Master Plan (2016)
Mission’s current Transportation Master Plan was completed in 2016 and explores the following components:
Five Key Components
- Pedestrian Plan
- Bicycling Plan
- Transit Strategy
- Goods Movement Plan
- Road Network Plan