Municipally Funded Grants
Call for New Grants Committee Members!
The City of Mission is seeking community minded individuals who would like to volunteer on the Municipal Grants Select Committee. Committee members must have a wide understanding of Mission’s arts and cultural activities, sports and youth-oriented recreation activities, or local social service needs.
Each year, the City of Mission includes a limited amount of funding in its annual budget to provide grants in support of Mission based community groups engaged in arts, cultural, recreational or social services activities. All grant applications received are reviewed by the committee and assessed based on eligibility criteria and available funds. The committee’s recommendations are then forwarded to Council for consideration.
Volunteers must be able to give several hours of their time to review the grant applications and then attend the Municipal Grants Select Committee meeting which will be held at City Hall in the fall of each year.
Application forms are available at the link below; they can also be obtained from the Corporate Administration Department, City Hall, 8645 Stave Lake Street, or by emailing us at email@example.com.
Please return the form to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by bringing your completed form to City Hall.
The application deadline is August 5, 2022. We thank all applicants for their interest and consideration to serve on this committee.
Municipally Funded Grants
The application deadline for 2023 grants is July 15, 2022.
The City accepts grant applications from groups engaged in arts, culture, recreation and social services for municipally funded grants.
- Municipally Funded Grants Application Form (for Community Enhancement and Community Events)
- Fee for Service Grant Application Form
Full details of the eligibility requirements and application procedures can be found here:
- Municipally Funded Grants Policy FIN.50(C) (for Community Enhancement and Community Events)
- Fee for Service Grants Policy FIN.54(C)
Application forms and information are also available from the Corporate Services Department, City Hall, 8645 Stave Lake Street, Mission, BC, or by telephone at (604) 820-3700.
A local community group in the arts, cultural, recreational or social services field may apply for a grant if:
- it is not commercial in nature;
- it is incorporated, either under the Societies Act of British Columbia, under any federal act as a charitable organization or registered as a Community Contribution Company (CCC), OR, in the event that the funding applied for is equal to or less than $500.00, it is an unincorporated group with a written constitution which evidences objectives which are charitable in nature;
- it has demonstrated sound financial and administrative management;
- there is demonstrated financial need;
- it complies with the provisions contained in Section 271 of the Local Government Act, as may be amended from time to time; and
- funding would benefit the residents of the City of Mission.
Year End Reporting Forms:
- Municipally Funded Grant – Year End Reporting Form (for Community Enhancement and Community Events)
- Fee for Service Statement of Accountability Form