Emergency Support Services Volunteers
ESS volunteers are a dedicated group of people who prepare for and respond to provide short-term disaster relief in the event of fires, floods, earthquakes, or other emergencies.
• Are at least 18 years of age
• Train to be ready to assist the community in the event of an emergency event
• Attend monthly meetings
• Commit to “on call” day/night shifts each month
• Volunteer at community events
• Have opportunities to deploy to assist in other parts of the province during a disaster
• Make a difference in our community!
For more information on being part of our team, email Emergency Program Manager Monique Weir or phone 604-820-3788.