Cigarette Fire Safety
Using a planter box as an ashtray is dangerous and could start a fire.
Cigarette butt safety reminders
- DO NOT stub out your butts in flower planters
- Dry vegetation can easily ignite causing a fire
- Use a dedicated ashtray, bucket of sand or water
- Empty your ashtrays regularly to avoid buildup
- DO NOT toss your butt from a vehicle
- Tossing from a vehicle does NOT STUB OUT YOUR BUTT and could result in fines
Print off our “Planter Boxes Are Not Ashtrays” sign to use on your property.