Check for the latest information and service updates as we respond to COVID-19.



Frequently Asked Questions

Where is your office located?

The Forestry Department is located at City Hall, 8645 Stave Lake Street, Mission.

Why are the logging roads gated?

The Mission Municipal Forest maintains numerous gates on forestry roads within the Municipal Forest for various purposes including fire season control, prevention of garbage dumping as well as protection of equipment, facilities, recreational opportunities, road surfaces, wildlife habitat and residents’ privacy rights.

Where do I call to report a forest fire?

If you spot a forest fire or smoke, please note as much details as possible and call:
Anytime – Ministry of Forests: 1-800-663-5555
City of Mission Forestry Department: 604-820-3762
During evenings or weekends: call 911

Where do I call to report vandalism or suspicious activites?

Please call the Forestry Department at 604-820-3762 (a message can be left 24 hours). If these activities are in progress or of a serious nature, call the Police right away at 911.

Are there any campgrounds in the Municipal Forest?

No, there are no overnight facilities within the Municipal Forest.  Camping information near Mission can be found on the BC Parks website at with the closest camping facility located at Rolley Lake Provincial Park, in the northwest area of Mission.

Where can I get a burning permit?

Please contact the Mission Fire Department at 604-820-3793 or visit the Fire Department Burning Permits & Regulations page.

Where do I get a timber mark?

A timber mark is required for anyone removing timber from their private property. Timber Marks are issued by Front Counter BC:
South Coast Service Centre
Suite 200, 10428 153rd Street
Surrey BC V3R 1E1
Phone (604) 586-4400
An application is available here:

Further information is available on the Chilliwack Forest District website

Can I collect botancial forest products or firewood from the Municipal Forest?

A permit is required for collecting of botanical products, cutting of firewood or other forest products, but if an appropriate area is not available – a permit will not be granted. Click on the link to see the complete LIC.18 Minor Forest Products and Activity Permit.  Permits, when issed, are generally for only 2 loads of wood per household, for personal use only.

Collection of plants, moss or other botanical forest products within the City of Mission also requires a permit. Each application is evaluated individually and depending on circumstances, a permit may or may not be given. If a permit is given, appropriate fees and security deposits are required. Contact our office for more information.