The City of Mission operates the Hatzic Cemetery which is located at 34867 Cemetery Avenue in the eastern area of Mission. From Lougheed Highway, go north on Dewdney Trunk Road which continues north and becomes Draper Street before turning west and becoming Cemetery Avenue.
The Cemetery pedestrian gates are always open and the vehicle gates are open from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm daily, with the exception of Statutory Holiday, when the vehicle gates are left open. Please note that during snow events, vehicle gates will remain closed until all headstones are exposed from snow coverage. Cemetery information and funeral arrangements can be obtained from our office at the Mission Leisure Centre Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm or by calling 604-820-5354 during these hours.
Hatzic Cemetery Location
34867 Cemetery Avenue, Mission, BC Click here for a location map.
Cemetery Services Office Location: Mission Leisure Centre 7650 Grand St, Mission, BC Click here for a location map.
* Please note that all adornments left on plots at the Hatzic Cemetery will be removed after March 16, 2023 to allow for maintenance. If you have left pictures, candles, or personal artifacts for your loved ones that you would like to keep, please remove items before this date. Items removed by the caretaker will be kept in lock up beside the maintenance shed for 30 days. Thank you for your understanding.*
- Full burial plots – one full burial and 3 cremains or 4 cremains
- Cremation plots – two cremains
- Columbarium Niche – one and/or two occupant niches
- all tablets are to be flush with the ground.
- All memorial markers require a 3 inch cement/granite surround or base for bronze plaques, previous to delivery to Hatzic Cemetery
- 24” X 36” X 3” – 18×30 areas will be polished with 3” diameter that will be unpolished/cement. – for side by side (2 adult burial plots) burial plots
- 18” X 26” X 3” – 12×20 area will be polished with 3” diameter that will be unpolished/cement. – full burial and cremation plots
- 14” X 18” X 3” – 8×12 area will be polished with 3” outside diameter that will be unpolished/cement. – alternate for full burial or cremation plots
Click here for conditions and regulations of memorial markers.
Phone 604.820.5354 or e-mail the cemetery clerk for more information. Click here for current Cemetery Bylaw 5664-2017. Hatzic Cemetery is legislated under the BC Cremation, Interment and Funeral Services Act.