Councillor Mark Davies
Acting Mayor: May/November
Mark Davies has served on Council since 2018.
Davies is not only a Councillor but also a technology industry Project Manager who ensures multi-national Products are delivered on-time and on-budget. After spending the last two decades working in many high-tech positions from sales to support both as an individual contractor and in larger companies, Davies has a unique perspective on setting and achieving goals and driving initiatives—and he knows it’s not something that can be achieved by one person. It’s about the connections you make with the people you work with and for, and about honesty and open discussions.
Originally from Summerland BC, Davies and his family moved to Mission from Coquitlam in 2015 and quickly embraced his new hometown. With its countless kind-hearted residents and beautiful surrounding areas, he wanted to become a bigger part of this community. He became a household name within local social media and combined his passionate opinions and no-nonsense attitude with quirky humor. When he ran for Council, his goal was to encourage his community to engage with each other, provide thoughtful insight and spark meaningful conversations.
Davies enjoys many hobbies in this beautiful area and can often be seen around town following his two silly brown Viszlas and is always excited for the opportunity to chat with his fellow Missionites. For Davies, it is vitally important to connect and receive feedback from the residents of Mission because that is what gives him the valuable information he needs to help move Mission in the best direction.
- Mission Community Services Society Board
- Mission District Historical Society
- Environmental Charter Advisory Committee
- Development Liaison Committee
- Mission Youth Voice Committee
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee
- Mission Regional Chamber of Commerce (alternate)
- FVRD Board of Directors and Fraser Valley Regional Hospital District Board of Directors (alternate)
- Municipal Insurance Association of BC (MIABC)
- Joint Shared Services Committee