The Parks, Recreation and Culture Department is seeking new Contract Club K.I.D.S. Program Instructors to join the team!
What is Club K.I.D.S.?
Club K.I.D.S. is an after school recreation program for children aged 5 – 12 years. It is run out of ten elementary schools in Mission, Monday – Friday from class dismissal time at 2:15, until 6:00 pm. Each day, children engage in a variety of physical and creative activities led by our Program Instructors. We are looking for outgoing, enthusiastic and responsible individuals that are great with children. Contract Program Instructor Positions are paid $16 – $19/hour.
As a Program Instructor, you are responsible for:
- Ensuring the overall safety, supervision, and enjoyment of all programs.
- Coordinating and implementing developmentally appropriate physical and creative activities.
- Communicating with program participants, parents, assistant instructors and coordinators.
- Administration duties relating to the program daybook.
Applicants will have or will be working on the following:
- Direct experience in planning, preparing, leading and/or instructing school age children
- Excellent communication skills
Demonstrable initiative, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to changing needs of the program and/or participants
- Sound judgment in safety standards
- Should be comfortable with swimming and skating, in addition to general recreational activities for children
- BCRPA High Five Certification would be an asset.
To be successful in this position, you must:
- Be at least 19 years of age
- Have current Standard First Aid
- Have 20 hours of ‘Responsible Adult’ training (coursework specifically related to children’s development, guidance, nutrition and/or first aid)
- Be available between 2:15 – 6 pm, Monday – Friday
- Love working with kids!
Interested? Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter with attention to Nicole Spooner by email to email@example.com.