Club K.I.D.S. (Kids Ideas Developing Skills) is a recreation program that operates at various elementary schools in Mission. The program is a joint Mission Parks, Recreation & Culture & School District #75 cooperative project licensed by the Ministry of Health. It is open to children in Kindergarten to Grade 6. Club Kids (CK) is tax deductible and accepts Affordable Child Care benefit plans. Each of our dedicated CK instructors are 19 years of age and older, have recreation base training and meet or exceed Fraser Health requirements and standards.
The safety of your child is our top priority. We have taken extra steps to ensure your child’s safety during camp including:
- Daily symptom screening for all children and staff
- Increased cleaning of all areas with particular attention to high touch surfaces
- Increased hand washing and cleaning throughout the day
- Creating a personal space and bag for each child with their own supplies
- Outdoor activity will be the focus of each day
- Increased space between children and avoiding hugs, hand shakes and high fives to best address social distancing guidelines
- Children who are ill are not permitted in the program. Should a child become ill while attending the program will be isolated from the group and monitored by staff until they are picked up promptly by a parent or caregiver.
We want your child to have an enjoyable experience, therefore the focus will be on a variety of fun activities through the day to keep your child busy and engaged.
Join us for a fun filled week of themes, outdoor adventures, games and activities. Choose your favorite weekly theme or register for all! Club K.I.D.S. Summer camps will be located at various school locations throughout July and August.
Ages: 5-12 years (Must have completed Kindergarten by June, 2020)
Days: Monday – Friday
Times: 8:00am – 5:30pm (Drop-off is from 8-9am & pick up is from 4-5:30pm)
Price: $175 per week (daily rates unavailable)
Check out our super fun packed weeks!
- July 6-10 – Marvel Universe
- July 13-17 – Spy School
- July 20-24 – Shipwrecked
- July 27-31 – Wild, Wild West
- August 4-7 – Survivor
- August 10-14 – Myth Busters
- August 17-21 – Around the World
- August 24-28 – Summer Olympics
CK Summer registration will take place Tuesday, June 16 @ 9am on our website only. Please see registration information below.
Afterschool CK is a fun afterschool recreation program that operates from school dismissal to 6pm, Monday to Friday. This program starts up again this September for the 2020/21 School season.
Ages: Children in K-6
Days: Monday – Friday
Times: School dismissal – 6:00pm (Pick up is anytime from 3-6pm)
Price: $17.50 per day
Club K.I.D.S. is offered at the following schools:
- Albert McMahon
- Ecole Christine Morrison
- Ecole Mission Central
- E.S. Richards
- Cherry Hill
- West Heights
Ck Fall registration will start August 10 -13 depending on the school. Please see the registration section below for more information.
2020/21 School Year Registration
Due to Covid-19, there is a new process for registering in the Club Kids program. It is a four level process involving 1) completing the Registration package, 2) activating your online account (if not already done), 3) reserving a spot to speak to a Leisure Centre Receptionist, & 4) booking dates and making payment. Read the steps below carefully.
Effective Spring, 2020 registration and payment for CK will only be accepted by credit card. If you do not have a credit card, speak to your financial institution to see about obtaining a debit Visa or Debit MasterCard or a pre-paid credit card that can be used on-line.
To get started, please follow these steps:
- Obtain a current copy of your child’s immunization record – available from Fraser Health. (If you have submitted one to us before and your child has not received any further updates since then, then a new form is not required.) If your child is not immunized you will need to fill out the Immunization Declaration section located on the Registration Package.
- Obtain a PDF copy of any custody agreements involving your child (if applicable). If you only have a printed copy of this agreement, take a photo or scan each page using the Notes app on your iPhone or similar app on your android device.
- Take a clear in-focus colour photo (mug shot) of your child in a well lit room where their face is fully and clearly visible. Ensure that the photo is at full resolution.
- Complete the on-line CK Registration Form in full and submit. (Please note, you must complete the entire form at one time. The form will not allow you to stop and pickup at a later date/time. Therefore, be sure to have all of your information ready.
- Once complete, click “Submit” at the end of the form. All the information you submitted including attachments will automatically be forwarded to our office.
- You will not be able to register your child in Club KIDS until the registration form has been received and verified. No drop offs or in-person deliveries of information will be accepted.
- Within 48 hours of submission, one of our receptionists will email you either approving or disapproving your application. If approved, and you have not used our registration system before, you will also receive an e-mail from our registration system with a temporary username, password and link. You must follow that link and login to the registration system with your temporary username & password within 72 hours to activate your account. If your application is not approved, it is likely due to an incomplete application package. Further instructions will be included in the e-mail.
- Once your account is activated, you will have access to our registration page which will allow you to reserve a spot in line on your school’s registration day and time.
- Once you reserve your spot on registration day, a receptionist will contact you within 3 hours and take your actual registration and payment over the phone.
August 1 – Deadline to receive completed registration forms
August 5 – Deadline to activate and test your on-line account
August 10 – 13 – Reservation & registration Days for CK Fall
|Mon||Aug 10||9am||CK Hatzic & CKWindebank|
|1pm||CK West Heights|
|Tue||Aug 11||9am||CK Central|
|Wed||Aug 12||9am||CK Morrison|
|1pm||CK Cherry Hill|
|Thu||Aug 13||9am||CK ESR|
Please note that Club KIDS Registration Forms are current from Sep 1 – August 31 each year. (New registrants for CK Summer Camps are permitted to use the upcoming school year’s form available in June of each year.) Parents are responsible to update the Mission Parks, Recreation & Culture Department with any updates within that time.
Cancellations and withdrawals
Summer Camp – a pro-rated refund will be issued anytime up until Monday at 8pm (Tuesday on stat weeks) for the full week of camp. (Individual days cannot be cancelled or added.) After this time, a pro-rated refund will be offered due to illness or injury with a doctor’s note.
Fall After School – a pro-rated refund will be issued anytime up until 8pm the day before the booking.