Here are some of the projects underway in and around our community from across Municipal operations:
- Crews continue infrastructure upgrades on Badger Avenue. The road is open to local traffic only Tuesdays-Fridays from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm. Please follow the detour signs for an alternate route and abide by the no parking signs along this road. If you have any questions or concerns, please call Public Works at 604-820-3761
- Paving and line painting on Stave Lake North is complete. Shouldering will be done, weather dependent, which will complete the project. There may be some traffic delays, but the road will remain open as a single, alternating lane.
- Paving will continue on Taulbut Street as weather permits.
- Roads crews are completing minor concrete repairs at various locations.
- Utility crews will be conducting fall hydrant inspections at various locations.
- Water utility crews will continue to perform leak detection testing on water mains at various locations.
- Help keep our roads safe this fall and winter by clearing leaves and other debris from any culverts located near your home. If possible, avoid parking over culverts to allow municipal street sweepers and snow plows to clear during fall and winter.
- The 2018 Budget Council meetings are underway and the discussion regarding the District’s Budget Consultation will take place on November 20 at 1:00 pm. The public is encouraged to attend these meetings and comments and input are always welcomed. All meetings are webcast for those unable to attend. Visit mission.ca/budget for more information.
- The schedule for the 2018 Regular Council meetings is now available on the District website at mission.ca/council-meeting-schedule.
Parks, Recreation & Culture
Public Skating – New Fun Zone!
We are rolling out a new on-ice Fun Zone during the Thursday 6:30-8:00 pm, Saturday 1:00 – 2:30 pm, and Sunday 1:00 – 2:30 pm Public Skating sessions. The Fun Zone will take place from the blue line down, creating a family-friendly activity area for public skating patrons. The Fun Zone is ideal for new skaters needing extra space and is equipped with play-based equipment to encourage comfort on the ice. Check it out in person during the next public skate!
Call for Applications – Cultural Resources Commission
The District is seeking applications for the Mission Cultural Resources Commission for a two-year term beginning in January 2018. The Commission is seeking members with strong ties to the community and who have knowledge and experience with cultural activities and the arts. Completed applications must be received by November 15. Visit mission.ca/cultural-resources-commission to learn more.
Looking for fun things to do in our community? Visit our website www.mission.ca/community-events to view upcoming community events.
Remembrance Day Ceremony
Remember those who have served and fallen in service of Canada. Join us on November 11 for Mission’s Remembrance Day Ceremony, organized by the Royal Canadian Legion, Branch 57. The ceremony will begin at 10:00 am with a parade beginning at École des Deux-Rives on Stave Lake Street, followed by the Service of Remembrance at 10:40 am at the Clarke Theatre.