Mission is proud to be hosting this year’s annual provincial Culture Days kickoff event! The launch will be presented in partnership with the Mission Cultural Resources Commission in Mission, BC on Sunday, September 22, 2019, from 1 pm to 3 pm at Heritage Park Centre.
The BC Culture Days Launch in Mission: A Mosaic of Cultures will showcase a broad range of cultural activities by notable and emerging members of Mission’s arts and culture community. Beginning with the official opening ceremony, including a welcome by Leq’ a: mel First Nation, the public will be invited to experience a kaleidoscope of cultural activities, such as artist demos, hands-on arts and crafts, artist talks, storytelling, workshops, and samplings from Mission’s vibrant food culture.
From BC Culture Days:
Mission: A Mosaic of Cultures…
Join us in Mission, BC on Sunday, September 22, 2019 to kick off the 10th annual Culture Days weekend (September 27, 28 and 29), a three-day celebration of arts, culture and heritage featuring free, interactive and hands-on activities for the public.
• Opening Ceremony will begin at 1pm in the Clarke Foundation Theatre and include a pre-taped message from multi-platinum selling artist Carly Rae Jepsen and performances by the Serenata Singers, Can Dance and Dunvegan Dance Academy and the first look at the short video profiling arts and culture in Mission.
• You are invited to contribute to the creation of a “paint chip artwork” guided by the expert artistic talents of Dean and Christine Lauze of D’Arts. Following its completion the dynamic piece will be displayed in a public building commemorating the creation of the first large-scale collective community artwork.
• Some great prize draws are on tap for attendees to win including an incredible scenic nightscape photograph of Mission taken by photographer Bob Friesen
• A short video completed by videographer Ian Low profiling arts and culture in Mission will be shown for the first time
• Enjoy food samplings representative of local cultures in Mission – Italian, Ukrainian, Japanese and more!
• A special creative station kids zone hosted by the Mission Arts Council, perfect for the creative little ones.
We look forward to having you there as we kick off Canada’s largest collaborative arts and cultural celebration with inspiring and creative events for all ages!
BC Culture Days