I Love Mission
Shop, Eat and Support Local
Mission-based businesses contribute to our community’s vibrancy and unique identity, and that’s why we love them.
I Love Mission is an initiative created to help our local businesses stay resilient during and after the challenges of the COVID-19 crisis. We’re in it together and now’s the time to show your love to the Mission-based businesses that need us.
Here’s how you can get involved:
I Love Mission for residents
While many businesses in our community have had to close their physical store space, many remain open for business in different ways. Here’s how you can support our local economy:
- Order takeout from a local restaurant or cafe
- Buy a gift card for a service you’ll use later
- Buy from local online shops
- Arrange a curb-side pick-up
- Leave an online review
- Add the I Love Mission frame to your Facebook Profile photo, just search for “Tourism Mission” on facebook.com/profilepicframes while you are logged in
- Pick up an I Love Mission pin or window decal for your home or car when you shop at a local store
- Post a photo of your favourite local business and tag #ilovemission
- Contact your favourite local businesses to see how you can help
- Take a moment to discover a new business and share your discovery with a friend
By supporting local, you are making a positive contribution to your community and it’s an important way you can show your love for Mission.
Listen to the #ILoveMission Playlist
We’re sharing a new playlist featuring musicians with roots in Mission. Featured musicians have either grown up in Mission, currently reside here, or have performed here in the past, including John Welsh, Carly Rae Jepsen, Lights, Faber Drive, Matthew Good and Kyler Pierce.
Songs were selected in collaboration with the Mission Folk Music Festival.
Open for Business List
Businesses in Mission have adapted to the COVID-19 crisis and many are open to customers. This list will include the status of all Mission-based businesses and whether they are fully opened, partially opened or closed at this time.
During Phase 2 of the BC Restart Plan, we’re seeing restaurants re-opening with physical distancing measures in place. We’re regularly updating our list. However, if you have a favourite restaurant, call them directly to see if they’re open. You might be in luck!
Download an I Love Mission background, which are perfect for Zoom or your computer desktop, here.
I Love Mission for businesses
I Love Mission is also about providing an online educational training platform for the business community to help with some of the challenges being faced currently and into the future.
This will include
- A program of free online educational webinars, open to the entire Mission business community, with the first programs via the Mission Regional Chamber of Commerce. Register now.
- A central location and access for all COVID-19 business-related support and information for the residential community.
- Download the I Love Mission Business Package for program details
- Download the I Love Mission Social Media Kit for resources, links to I Love Mission logos and graphics, and content ideas
- Download an I Love Mission background for Zoom or your computer desktop
- COVID-19 Business Support
- Community Futures COVID-19 Emergency Loan
Stay tuned to this page for initiative updates and follow #ILoveMission online.
We’re in it together. I Love Mission is made possible by the hard-work and collaboration of the following organizations:
Have a question or a comment? Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.