The following bylaws are those most frequently requested by members of the public. Every effort is made to provide the most up-to-date version of these bylaws. If the bylaw you are inquiring about is currently under review or being amended, this version may be out of date.
Please note: Persons viewing these bylaws in this format are cautioned that the bylaws presented should not, in any case, be relied upon for legal purposes or to make important decisions.
Most of the documents presented are in the form of “consolidated bylaws”. The term “consolidated bylaw” simply means that the document represents the bylaw in its most recently amended form. The document does not represent all of the different iterations of any bylaw, which may be amended several times over its life.
Consolidated bylaws are reproduced for convenience only. Persons viewing these documents are cautioned that they are representative only. Each consolidated bylaw consists of the original, or base, bylaw and current amendments which have been made to the base bylaw. Copies of the base bylaw, and all amending bylaws, are available for review at the Municipal Hall, during normal business hours – an appointment may be necessary. The bylaws presented may also only be a portion of the total document. Some bylaws, such as the Official Community Plan Bylaw or the Zoning Bylaw, include the text – which is provided – as well as reference plans and/or maps, which are not currently reproduced on the web site.
Bylaw Inquiries • Phone: 604-820-3727 • Fax: 604-826-7951
The Bylaw Enforcement Division of the Development Services Department is responsible for administering and enforcing the various regulatory bylaws of the Municipality. Some of the areas of responsibility include: complaints, parking enforcement, and licencing.
The Bylaw Enforcement Division seeks to gain compliance with municipal regulatory bylaw requirements through a variety of methods, including: community education, voluntary compliance on a case-by-case basis, and formal legal proceedings (such as tickets) if voluntary compliance is not achieved. For traffic violations, tickets may be issued without a previous warning. Drivers are expected to familiarize themselves with all street, traffic and parking laws and regulations within the District of Mission.
Enforcement of the District of Mission bylaws is generally a complaint generated system, with the exception of imminent life safety issues.
- Animal Control Bylaw (FVRD) 1206, 2013
- Annual Tax Rates (Please note, these rates do not include the portion of property taxes that are collected on behalf of the province for school taxes, BC Assessment Authority, the Municipal Finance Authority and other regional authorities.)
- Building Bylaw 3590-2003
- Burning Bylaw 2975-1996
- Business Licence Bylaw 3964-2007
- Bylaw Notice Enforcement Bylaw 5700-2018
- Cemetery Bylaw 5664-2017
- Cost Recovery Bylaw 5479-2015
- Council Procedure Bylaw 5345-2013
- Development and Subdivision Control Bylaw 5650-2017
- Development Cost Charge Bylaw 5214-2011
- Discharge of Firearms Regulation Bylaw 5433-2014
- Downtown Revitalization Tax Exemption Bylaw 5391-2013
- Election Procedures Bylaw 2669-1993
- Emergency Program Bylaw 3799-2005
- False Alarm Bylaw 2929-1995
- Financial Plan Bylaw (2018 to 2022) 5687-2017
- Fire Prevention Bylaw 3281-1999
- Fire/Rescue Service Bylaw 2457-1992
- Fire Sprinkler Bylaw 5679-2017
- Fireworks Bylaw 1706-1987
- Floodplain Management Bylaw 4027-2007
- Freedom of Information Bylaw 5560-2016
- Freedom of Information Request Form
- Good Neighbour Bylaw 5524-2015
- Highway Access Bylaw 1705-1987
- Holding Tank Sewage Discharge Bylaw 3823-2005
- Intermunicipal Business Licence Bylaw 5334-2012
- Kennel Bylaw 2788-1994
- Land Use Application Procedures and Fees Bylaw 3612-2003
- Mobile Home Park Bylaw 1160-1982
- Official Community Plan Bylaw 5670-2017
- Records Management Bylaw 5540-2016
- Regulation of Public Use of Parks Bylaw 5001-2008
- Sewer Bylaw 5033-2009
- Sewer User Rates and Charges Bylaw 1922-1989
- Sign Bylaw 1662-1987
- Smoking Regulation Bylaw 5143-2010
- Soil Deposit Bylaw 5506-2015
- Soil Removal Bylaw 3088-1997
- Solid Waste Management Bylaw 5526-2015
- Street Entertainers Bylaw 5357-2013
- Taxi Regulation Bylaw 5346-2013
- Ticket Information Bylaw 2646-1993
- Traffic Regulation Bylaw 1698-1987
- Tree Management Bylaw 3872-2006
- User Fees and Charges Bylaw 4029-2007
- Water Bylaw 2196-1990
- Water Rates Bylaw 2197-1990
- Zoning Bylaw 5050-2009