The Mission Sustainability Housing Committee provides information and recommendations to Council concerning the ongoing challenges of affordable and sustainable housing impacting a broad array of Mission citizens, and identifies potential solutions for increasing available housing options and attracting affordable housing developers.
- Utilize the good work done as part of the Affordable Housing 2009-2010 workshops as a foundation and launching point;
- Develop a plan to address the shortage of affordable housing rental units in Mission;
- Research affordable housing incentives for developers;
- Investigate the legal implications of providing incentives to landlords providing affordable rental units;
- Data compilation and a systematic response to tracking trends to better understand demand, supply and the needs of various population types;
- Advise Council on progress and bring recommendations forward as needed;
- Appoint additional working groups as needed, to address actions arising from the committee;
- Report quarterly to Council on its activities through the Social Development Manager and/or the Manager of Long Range Planning and Special Projects; and
- Promote awareness of the importance of affordable housing within the community.
Terms of Reference
Notice of Meeting Cancellation
Please be advised that the September 5, 2019 meeting has been cancelled.
Thursday, October 3, 2019 at 3:00 pm in Conference Room #2 at 7337 Welton Street, Mission, BC