The Mission Sustainability Housing Committee provides information and recommendations to Council concerning the ongoing challenges of affordable and sustainable housing impacting a broad array of Mission citizens, and identifies potential solutions for increasing available housing options and attracting affordable housing developers.
- Utilize the good work done as part of the Affordable Housing 2009-2010 workshops as a foundation and launching point;
- Develop a plan to address the shortage of affordable housing rental units in Mission;
- Research affordable housing incentives for developers;
- Investigate the legal implications of providing incentives to landlords providing affordable rental units;
- Data compilation and a systematic response to tracking trends to better understand demand, supply and the needs of various population types;
- Advise Council on progress and bring recommendations forward as needed;
- Appoint additional working groups as needed, to address actions arising from the committee;
- Report quarterly to Council on its activities through the Social Development Manager and/or the Manager of Long Range Planning and Special Projects; and
- Promote awareness of the importance of affordable housing within the community.
Terms of Reference
Thursday, March 5, 2020 at 3:00 pm in Conference Room #2 at 7337 Welton Street, Mission, BC