Municipally Funded Grants
Municipally Funded Grants
The District is now accepting grant applications for 2020. The deadline to submit an application for a 2020 grant is July 15, 2019.
The District accepts grant applications from groups engaged in arts, culture, recreation and social services for municipally funded grants.
The Application form can be found here: Municipally Funded Grants Application Form.
Full details of the eligibility requirements and application procedures can be found here: Policy FIN.50 – Municipally Funded Grants Policy.
Application forms and information are also available from the Corporate Services Department, Municipal Hall, 8645 Stave Lake Street, Mission, BC, telephone (604) 820-3700.
A local community group in the arts, cultural, recreational or social services field may apply for a grant if:
- it is not commercial in nature;
- it is incorporated, either under the Societies Act of British Columbia, under any federal act as a charitable organization or registered as a Community Contribution Company (CCC), OR, in the event that the funding applied for is equal to or less than $500.00, it is an unincorporated group with a written constitution which evidences objectives which are charitable in nature;
- it has demonstrated sound financial and administrative management;
- there is demonstrated financial need;
- it complies with the provisions contained in Section 271 of the Local Government Act, as may be amended from time to time; and
- funding would benefit the residents of the District of Mission.
Application Information Required
- constitution (ONLY if applying for the first time OR if the constitution has been amended)
- current list of Board members and number of employees (full time and part time)
- annual general meeting minutes, (including manager’s report, if applicable)
- detailed proposed budget for the current year, detailing expenditures and revenues, including a list of all other grants and donations
- financial statements for the previous fiscal year, including a separate, detailed evaluation of the use of funds at either the end of the event/project or the calendar year, whichever occurs first
- statement identifying the amount of reserved funds, if any, and the purpose of those funds
- identification of the name and position of any individuals who receive payment from the grant funds in the form of salary, honorarium or contract, together with the amount of the compensation each receives
The District of Mission is seeking community minded individuals who would like to volunteer on the Municipal Grants Select Committee. Click here to learn more.