EMERGENCIES: DIAL 911
Mission Fire Rescue Service – Administration Office
33330 – 7th Avenue
Mission, BC V2V 2E3
24 Hour Burning Complaint Line 604-826-2313
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
District of Mission Emergency Response Plan
This Plan guides the operations, organization, responsibilities and coordination necessary to provide for effective response and recovery from major emergencies or disasters in the jurisdictional area of the District of Mission. View this Plan here: District of Mission Emergency Response Plan
Prepared BC is the government’s one stop-shop for online preparedness information, including hazard-specific information, how to build an emergency kit, how to prepare your household and how to connect with your neighbours in advance of a disaster.
The website also features these resources:
1. PreparedBC: Household Preparedness Guide: Since preparedness starts in the home, this eleven-step guide has all the information needed to get prepared now, such as building an emergency kit, gathering items for your grab-and-go bags and identifying a safe meeting place.
2. In it Together: Neighbourhood Preparedness Guide :This eight-step guide will help people connect with their neighbours in the spirit of community resiliency and disaster readiness. Join forces with your neighbours so you collectively know what to do in an emergency, who to check on and what resources are available nearby.
3. Household Emergency Kit and Grab-and-Go Bag: Gather and organize your emergency supplies now so you’re ready when disaster strikes.
All of these resources are available on the PreparedBC website for downloading.
Search & Rescue
Mission Search & Rescue’s Team is made up of dedicated men and women who provide:
- Assistance to the RCMP and other policing agencies and the BC Ambulance Service in the search and rescue of missing and injured persons.
- Assistance to municipal fire departments in the rescue of trapped or injured persons.
- Assistance to the RCMP and other policing agencies and the Provincial Coroner’s Services in body recovery operations.
- Assistance to Municipal, Provincial, and Federal agencies in search, rescue, communications, and other aid during civil emergencies and/or natural disasters.
- Provide mutual aid assistance to neighboring Search and Rescue Teams.
- Promote leadership in outdoor education with emphasis on safety, first aid, search and rescue techniques and other facets of wilderness survival.
Although Mission Search & Rescue is comprised of volunteers, the life saving service provided by the team requires that the standards of Unpaid Professionals be maintained when assisting Municipal, Provincial and Federal agencies.
Mission Search & Rescue is a registered charitable non-profit society, and is administered by elected Executive Officers for the overall operation of team affairs. These include budgeting, management of accounts, equipment, fundraising, training and other key activities.
Mission Search & Rescue takes pride in offering an essential community service and, in addition to it’s search and rescue activities, participates regularly in a number of community events.
The team also presents public information and education programs throughout the year to schools, youth organizations and other interested groups.
Mission Search & Rescue team consists of approximately 25 active members. Not everyone goes into the field during an incident. There are search managers, communications people, media and public relations people and some members that are involved solely in community events and public education.
Mission Search & Rescue
PO Box 2003
RPO Stn. Mission Hills
Mission, BC V2V 7P8
SAFE STEPS is a pan-Asian public service initiative aimed at providing people with key educational messages on how to prepare for natural disasters. It has been developed in partnership between Prudence Foundation and National Geographic Channel with international boxing champion and humanitarian Manny Pacquiao as the programme ambassador.
SAFE STEPS is a long-term disaster preparedness educational programme with multiple platforms that can be shared through community-based activities. Core to the programme is a series of 60-second educational videos providing key life-saving information for different disasters. These advisory tips have been approved by the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.