Superior Tanker Shuttle Certification
Over 2,000 Mission residents are eligible for reduced home insurance premiums now that Mission Fire Rescue Services has successfully passed the Fire Underwriters Survey (FUS), Superior Tanker Shuttle Service accreditation process.
Accredited Superior Tanker Shuttle Service is recognized as the equivalent to hydrant protection by Fire Underwriters Survey. To be accredited, a fire department must be able to show that it can continuously provide water coverage in non-hydrant areas in excess of the minimum required for areas with hydrant coverage.
After a thorough evaluation from the Fire Underwriters Survey, Mission Fire Rescue Service proved that it had the ability to provide an adequate water supply for hundreds of Mission residents living in areas without hydrant coverage.
The proximity of a home to a fire hydrant or fire station is one of the key factors home insurance providers evaluate when determining the price of an insurance policy. Home owners in areas without hydrant coverage can expect to pay significantly higher insurance rates than residents living in an area with fire hydrant coverage.
With Mission Fire Rescue Service passing the Fire Underwriters Survey Superior Tanker Accreditation Process, owners of approximately 2,020 properties (areas shown in light green in the accompanying map) within the District of Mission will be able to notify their insurance companies that they now meet required fire flow equivalency to a fire hydrant and inquire about their eligibility for a reduced home insurance premium.
How to Find Dwelling Protection Areas
Residents can find out if they are eligible by finding their property and viewing the Dwelling Protection Grades map layer.
- In Internet Explorer*, visit map.mission.ca
- Click to check the Accept Terms box at the top of the web page.
- Click to insert your cursor into the Username box. The option to choose the Default Login will now be available. Click this option.
- Click on the drop down menus on the left-hand side of the screen to choose your street and property address.
- Click on the Map Layers tab
- Ensure the Public box is checked.
- Click the arrow to the left of the Public box to select a drop down menu.
- Check the Dwelling Protection Areas box.
If the area is protected by our new Superior Tanker Shuttle Certification, the property will be highlighted in green.
*The web mapping service is only currently available on the Internet Explorer platform.