Registration for Swim Lessons is open!
Click here to learn more and to Register!
Jump in, our pool is open!
The Mission Leisure Centre Pools are operating a bit different – check out our protocols, schedule and activities to stay safe before you dive in! Get the full details here.
Do not use - leave empty
What to Expect
- Ensure you have registered online for your activity.
- If you are feeling ill, please stay home.
- Please bring your own pre-filled water bottle. Water fountains, will be inaccessible
- Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes prior to your time slot reservation.
- Participants will enter through the the main doors of the Leisure Centre following the signage and arrows signaling the direction of traffic flow.
- Check in with the host located inside the front entrance.
- Sanitize your hands.
- Masks are required for those 12 years and older when coming and going to the pool..
- A limited number of people are permitted in the change rooms at a time. We encourage you to come dressed and ready to swim to minimize time in the area.
- Wallet and change room lockers will be available, belongings will not be permitted on the pool deck.
- Customers in need of assistance due to physical limitations should receive help from a family member or care aid.
During Registered Time Slot
- Please remember to shower before entering the pool and then make your way to pool area for your activity, following the directional arrows.
- Maintain physical distancing in and out of the water. Showers are available after your session to rinse as there is 15 minutes to exit the change rooms.
- Be mindful of the occupancy levels in designated areas, pools and change rooms.
*Processes subject to change
The following rules are posted at the pool and are expected to be followed by all patrons:
- Children under 7 yrs must be closely supervised (within arm’s reach) by a responsible adult (16 yrs or older) while in any part of the pool facility
- Diving is only permitted in the deep end of the pool (area of main pool closest to the change rooms)
- Actions which are dangerous to you or others (running, pushing, etc) are not permitted
- Persons under 14 yrs are permitted in the hot tub, provided they are closely supervised by a responsible adult 19 yrs and over
- Persons under 16 yrs are permitted in the sauna and steam room, provided they are closely supervised by a responsible adult 19 yrs and over
- A cleansing shower is required before entry to the pool area
- Those with open sores, discharging ears or nose or infected eyes are restricted from pool use
- Hyperventilating and repetitive breath holding is not permitted
- Report any injury suffered while in the pool, or contamination or fouling of the pool immediately to a lifeguard
- Lifeguards may require patrons to complete a swim test to ensure their safety
- Those with a seizure disorder or other serious medical conditions should be accompanied by an individual knowledgeable of their condition and responsible for their direct supervision
Length Swim Takes place in the main pool. Single lanes with a maximum of 3 people per lane. Kick boards will be available. Physical distancing has been taken into account when setting maximum numbers for each lane. The 1 hour session includes access to the hot tub with a limit of 5 people. Sauna and Steam room remain closed.
Family Swim For family members within the same household. Spray features, vortex and limited equipment will be available. A swimming adult must register and accompany all children and youth. The session includes access to the hot tub with a limit of 5 people. The occupancy for each pool is posted and will be monitored by the aquatic attendant on shift. Waterslide, Sauna and Steam Room and Rope Swing remain closed.
Water Walking The Leisure Pool will be available for water walking allowing 4 people to enjoy warmer water for their fitness routine or using the water for rehabilitation. Limited equipment will be available at this time. The 1 hour session includes access to the hot tub with a limit of 5 people. Sauna and Steam Room remain closed.
Water Fitness Our low intensity water based fitness programs are back. Sessions are 45 minutes and there are limited spots to maintain physical distancing. All classes will be taught by an instructor on deck. Please wait at the designated spot for your instructor before entering the water. At the end of the class patrons must exit the water and promptly move to and through the change rooms.
- Water Yoga: Relax, stretch and strengthen! This low impact class is ideal for people with joint or muscle pain to improve their strength, flexibility and range of motion.
- Water Wellness: Held in the shallow warm water. A low impact aerobic workout for people with limited range of motion.
- Aquafit Gentle: Held in the main pool.This Mild Challenge Level class offers a mild strength and cardiovascular experience with great stretching, strengthening and low impact aerobic exercises.
Swimming Lessons are back in action starting in February – and looking a bit different due to Covid. In-water parent participation is MANDATORY for programs from Starfish/Duck to Swim Kids 4. Parents, be prepared to swim – & learn something too! For more information on the Swim Lesson programs, levels, covid adaptations and other FAQ’s – click here!
Registration for Swimming Lessons is open!
- Make sure you have an active Perfect Mind registration account and know your log in
- Know your child’s appropriate swim level before registering
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I have to register to use the Aquatics Area?
To ensure the safety of patrons, staff and our community, registration for the Aquatics area is mandatory. Registration allows us to track who is in our building and to ensure participation numbers are monitored. Controlling the access to a building/facility is required by the Provincial Health Officer and Worksafe BC.
What pool activities are available?
We are reintroducing pool activities in stages that meet established safety protocols. During this time, we will be offering registered opportunities for Water Walking, Water Fitness, Length Swim and Family Swim.
Can I swim solo during the family swim time?
You are welcome to register and attend the Family Swim on your own provided you are a minimum of 19 years of age.
Is Length Swim available at anytime?
All of the time slots have designated activities and length swim is only available during the designated length swim time slots.
Do you have to be an adult to attend the Length?
Length Swim is available for anyone 13 years of age and up.
What activity sessions include the hot tub?
You can register for Water Walking, Length Swim or Family swim sessions and the hot tub will be available. Please note the capacity for the hot tub is limited to 5 people and a maximum of 15 minutes.
Will all the pool amenities be open?
The Sauna, Steam Room, Rope Swing and Waterslide remain closed for this stage of reopening.
Will the water fountains be available?
Please bring a pre-filled water bottle as the water fountains will be unavailable. Sharing of water bottles is not permitted.
How do I access the facility for my registered swim time?
Customers should arrive no more than 10 minutes prior to their registered activity. Masks and hand sanitizing are required upon entry. A host will welcome and check you into the facility at your designated time.
What happens if I am late for a registered swim time?
Please arrive on time for your registered swim session. The schedule is prepared to limit the amount of customers in the lobby or change rooms. For those excessively late access may be denied. For safety reasons Aquafit customers will not be permitted to attend a class if they are late.
Should I wear a face mask?
Face masks are mandatory to and from your activity for those 12 years of age and older. Masks are required in the change rooms but do not need to be worn on the pool deck. However physical distancing is expected.
Will the change rooms be available?
Yes the change rooms, showers and lockers will be available for use. Occupancy limits are in place and staff will be monitoring them on a regular basis. Please come with your suit on under your clothes if possible to minimize time in the change rooms. Belongings must be placed in the lockers provided, only towels will be permitted on the pool deck.
Can I use the lockers at the pool?
Yes there will be lockers available but please leave valuables at home. Lockers are $0.50 please bring your own quarters as change will not be available. Wallet lockers are available for $0.25 and are located across from the reception desk.
Can I use all the pools when I book a swim time?
At this time you will be limited to the pool and activity for which you register. This will allow us to control physical distancing and pool capacities in a safe manor.
What equipment is available for use?
During the water fitness classes hand weights, discs and water belts will be available. During Length Swim and Water Walking kick boards will be available. During Family Swim life jackets, and equipment such as pool noodles and balls will be available. All equipment will be disinfected after each use.
What are the pool capacity numbers and do they differ per activity?
Yes the capacities are set per activity and are as follows:
Change room Capacity:
- Men’s – 7
- Women’s – 7
- Universal – 7 families or individuals
General Pool Capacity:
- Teach Pool – 5
- Leisure Pool – 20
- Main Pool – 32
- Hot Tub – 5
- Length Swim – 18, 3 per lane
- Water Walking – 4
- Main Pool – Deep – 10
- Main Pool – Shallow – 14
- Leisure Pool – 8
As a spectator, can I view a registered activity session in the pool?
Viewing is not permitted in the Leisure Centre at this time, including on the pool deck and viewing deck.
What about Private Swim Lessons?
Private Swim Lessons are not offered in this phase of re-opening.
Do you have a Perfect Mind account?
Before registering you will need to sign up for a Perfect Mind account. To set up a new account or for account questions please call the Leisure Centre at (604) 820-5350 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your account is active to reserve for a time-slot click here.
Please note: reservations may be booked up to 1 week in advance. Reservations must be cancelled 12 hours in advance if you wish to receive a refund. Cancellations are not permitted online, you need to contact reception at (604) 820-5350 or email email@example.com.
Admission Fees & Passes
Pool and Fitness Room visits are included with a Leisure Pass. Pre-register for pool or fitness visits to ensure you get a spot – spaces are limited. Take advantage of our discounted pass rates!
- Adult: $43.30
- Sixty+ $34
- Youth $26.30
or the cost per visit is:
- Adult $5.20
- Sixty+ $4.25
- Youth $3.30
Children and Youth admission is free with a participating adult during Family Swims.