The Weight Room is still open!
Updated November 7, 2020
Join us for registered Fitness & Weight Room time slots at the Mission Leisure Centre! We have moved equipment around for increased physical distancing and enhanced cleaning and disinfection practices for your safe return to the Leisure Centre. A COVID-19 safety plan has been developed and adheres to the guidelines and recommendations set out by the Provincial Health Officer, Fraser Health, BCRPA, and Worksafe BC. The safety plan will be available on site for viewing.
Visit the news feed on our homepage for updates as new programs and camps become available.
Do not use - leave empty
Reservation Time Slots
Weight Room Occupancy & Equipment Availability
Fitness Room Occupancy Limit
17 total between weight room and studio. (Revised to 12 total between weight room and studio as of Nov 26, 2020)
The following areas have maximum capacities to ensure physical distancing.
|Area||Max per area|
|Bikes – upright||2|
|Bikes – recumbent||3|
Please note: Free weights or equipment that require spotters is not permitted at this time.
What to Expect
- As of December 8 participants will enter through the main doors of the Leisure Centre .
- Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes prior to your time slot reservation.
- Come prepared to work-out. Water fountains, change-rooms and showers will be inaccessible.
- Ensure physical distancing while waiting.
- If you are feeling ill, please stay home.
During Registered Time Slot
- After check-in, participants will be supplied with their own individual disinfectant bottle and paper towel.
- Hand sanitizer will be supplied by host, followed by screening questions.
- Masks are now required to be worn when moving between equipment and can be removed when actively exercising. Hooks have been added to the equipment.
- Please follow arrows on the floor to manage the directional movement of participants.
- Weight room attendant will monitor movement of participants around the fitness room to ensure physical distancing, disinfecting of equipment, etc takes place.
- Proper coughing and sneezing etiquette should also be followed. Touching your face, including eyes, nose or mouth should be avoided and hands washed or sanitized following such touching.
*Processes subject to change
Weight Room Guidelines
To ensure your safety and enjoyment please observe the following:
To use the Weight Room you must be 16+ or have taken the Teen Introduction to Weight Training program.
Please wear proper attire
-shirts and supportive shoes must be worn
-use a perspiration towel
Avoid dropping weights
Please return all weight dumbbells & equipment to their proper locations after use.
Gym Bags are not permitted in the Weight Room and must be placed in the cubbies provided. Please us the wallet lockers for valuables.
Stay hydrated and avoid over-exertion
Refrain from multiple sets and limit your time on cardio and in the free weight area when others are waiting
Spray and wipe equipment before and after use with the spray bottles and paper towel provided
The use of perfumes, colognes and other scented products is not permitted
For your own safety, customers with heart conditions, diabetes, epilepsy or other medical conditions are to advise a weight room attendant prior to using the facilities
Please report injuries or safety concerns to the weight room attendant
Do you have a Perfect Mind account?
Before registering you will need to sign up for a Perfect Mind account. To set up a new account or for account questions please call the Leisure Centre at (604) 820-5350 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your account is active to reserve for a time-slot click here.
Please note: reservations may be booked up to 2 weeks in advance. Reservations must be cancelled 24 hours in advance if you wish to receive a refund. Cancellations are not permitted online, you need to contact reception at (604) 820-5350 or email email@example.com.
Fitness Classes during COVID-19
As part of the Provincial Health Order with guidance around group fitness activities we are excited to offer a selection of low intensity classes. View the schedule and guidelines listed below.
Admission Fees for Fitness Room & Classes
Fitness classes are included with a valid Fitness Pass. The new Fitness Pass includes access to pre-register for fitness classes and fitness room reservation time slots.
New Fitness Pass
30 day pass available for fitness classes and fitness room reservations:
- $38 Adult
- $30 60+
- $23 Youth
or the cost per fitness room visit or class is:
- $4.80 Adult
- $3.95 60+
- $3.05 Youth