Get In Touch
Support for Accessible Recreation
The Mission Parks, Recreation & Culture Department in co-operation with other organizations is pleased to offer several opportunities for those on a limited income to participate in recreation, sport and culture in our community.
The PLAY (Providing Leisure All Year) Pass Program is administered by the Parks, Recreation & Culture Department to provide Mission residents on limited income with the opportunity to participate in basic parks, recreation and culture activities at no cost. All inquiries and applications will be addressed in confidence. The PLAY Pass Program provides qualified applicants with an Admission Card which offers free admission to unlimited swimming, skating, weight room and/or fitness drop-in sessions and a maximum of 12 free child minding sessions per year. The PLAY program is designed for individuals and families whose combined gross household income falls at or below the “Low Income” levels recognized by Statistics Canada. Statistics Canada’s “Low Income” levels are determined, in part, by family size. To qualify, the Mission resident’s gross household income must be at or below the following thresholds:
|Family Size||Combined Household Income|
|7 or more||$55,103|
- Child PLAY participants: 0-12 yrs
- Youth PLAY participants: 13-18 yrs
- Adult PLAY participants: 19 yrs & up
- The PLAY card must be presented at the time of admission or registration
- Cards are non-transferable, not good for cash or credit.
Click here for more information and an application form.
Canadian Tire Jumpstart
Canadian Tire Jump Start is a community based charitable program that helps kids in financial need participate in sport & recreation. Since it’s introduction in 2005, the program has helped over 500 underprivileged Mission children participate in swimming, hockey, soccer and other recreational programs. Those who qualify for the PLAY program (info above) are automatically qualified for the Jumpstart program. Call or e-mail the Leisure Centre for more information on the local chapter or visit the national Jumpstart website here. The District of Mission thanks Canadian Tire for their on-going contributions to this well utilized and worthwhile program.
At KidSport™ we believe that no child should be left on the sidelines. That is why KidSport™ eliminates the financial barriers to sport participation. KidSport™ is a community-based sport charity that provides grants for Canadian children age 6 to 18 to participate in a season of sport of their choice. For KidSport™ success is measured by the number of new sport opportunities created for children who would otherwise not have a chance to play. Click here for an application form.
Free & Low Cost Events & Activities
Throughout the year, Mission Parks, Recreation & Culture hosts events and activities that are free & low cost to help remove barriers for participation. Some of these events include:
- Sunday 10am-12pm Discount Swimming & Fitness – $1/child & youth, $2 adult/senior
- Fun N’ Run Playtime – Tuesdays 11am-1pm (sponsored by Mission Early Childhood Development)
- NEW! Last Call Swim, 9-10pm – $2
- Monthly Community Sponsored Free Family Swims (Fall & Winter)
- And much more!
Mission Parks, Recreation & Culture has something for everyone! The Mission Leisure Centre strives to be a senior friendly place and through programs, facilities and support our department caters specifically to the unique needs and interests of this demographic.
Mission Seniors Centre at the Mission Community Activities Centre
Mission Parks, Recreation & Culture supports the initiatives of the Mission Seniors Centre Association. The Mission Community Activity Centre serves as a hub for seniors in our community and the association offers a variety of programs from bingo, line dancing to health & wellness workshops. Check out the Mission Seniors Activity Centre for specific details on what they have to offer.
Seniors Friendly Drop-in Fitness
Our Drop-in Fitness programs serve a wide audience of the community including seniors. We have instructors specialized to address senior specific health and wellness considerations. And improved health aside, these classes have been a proven to be a great place to make lifelong friends. Some popular senior friendly Drop-in Fitness classes held at the Mission Leisure Centre include:
- Stretch & Strength
- Step & Sculpt
- Low impact
- No Sweat
- Deep Water
- Water Wellness
Our Moving Forward program has proven to be a hit with seniors. This series of registered fitness programs is ideal for those new to fitness, mature adults or those getting back into the fitness routine. Our instructors encourage participants to work at their own pace and help modify exercises and present challenges tailored to both the group and the individual. Contact reception or look for Moving Forward course offerings online. Health and wellness is not just about fitness, it’s also about leisure and learning. Check out our program offerings through e-reg such as cooking or dance and learn something new.
Studies have shown that 75% of people who exercise are not getting the results they want. 90% of the people who are happy with their results are working with a personal trainer. Anyone can benefit from a little extra personal attention, especially when it really does deliver results!
Top 5 Reasons to Consider a Personal Trainer
- Results – A certified Personal Trainer will help you reach attainable, realistic and healthy goals.
- Motivation – You’ll work harder with your Personal Trainer then you would by yourself. You will set and reach your goals quickly AND have fun doing it!
- Efficiency – You’ll SAVE TIME. You will learn exercises and techniques that are proven to be effective.
- Safety – Without the guidance of a Personal Trainer you run a much higher risk of getting injured. Serious injuries can delay or even reverse your progress towards your fitness goals.
- FUN – Our Personal Trainers LOVE what they do and it shows! They will engage and inspire you making your workouts something you look forward to!
The District of Mission offers a variety of advertising opportunities for businesses, service groups and non-profit agencies to get their message out including:
Mission Leisure Guide
The Mission Parks, Recreation & Culture’s Leisure Guide reaches well over 37,000 people with information on recreation & Leisure opportunities available locally. The Guide is distributed two times per year and has become the standard in leisure & program information for the community. In addition, the guide is posted on line in a convenient flip view format along with direct web links to your business. With 15,000 copies distributed to households & businesses in Mission, Dewdney & Deroche your message is sure to hit home.
Contract Program Instructors
Do you have a special talent or skill you want to share with the community? The District of Mission Parks, Recreation and Culture department is looking for Contract Program Instructors on an ongoing basis. The possibilities are endless! From jewelry design to cricket, soccer to photography we’re looking for instructors with specialized skills that allow us to share their talents with the community through our recreation programs. Please submit your resume and cover letter stating your skills and experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org Aquafit Instructor – Ongoing 2018 – Special Events Student Job Posting
Mission Leisure Centre
The Mission Leisure Centre is a hub of leisure activities in Mission. Our comprehensive facility features pools, rinks, a curling facility, gymnasium, fitness studio, weight room, squash & racquetball courts, multipurpose rooms, a physiotherapy clinic and concession. So whether you enjoy yoga or swimming, basketball or hockey, dancing or want to learn first aid, or simply enjoy a coffee and socialize with friends, there’s something for everyone!
Regular Operating Hours
- Monday – Friday 5:30 am-10:00 pm
- Saturday – 7:00 am-9:00 pm
- Sunday – 10:00 am-9:00 pm
Holidays & Long Weekends
On holidays, the Leisure Centre is open from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, except closures for Labour Day and Christmas. Drop-in swimming and the weight room are available on most statutory holidays. For your convenience, most programs are not scheduled on statutory holidays. If you are planning to be away, please inquire about registering.
Birthday Party Packages
Saturdays & Sundays
12:00 – 2:30 pm or 3:00 – 5:30 pm
Come Party with us!
Your birthday party package includes a fun-filled hour session in your choice of the pool, ice arena or gym for up to 10 children (including the birthday child), a decorated party room with a birthday banner, colored paper roll for tables/doodling and balloons are provided. Parents are welcome to bring extra themed decorations and can set up with the assistance of the party host. Delicious, hot food from Red’s Grill with your choice of 3 menu options is included for each child. Ice skate and helmet rentals are included for skate parties. Just bring a birthday cake, candles and goody bags.
Select the birthday party package:
- Pool Birthday Party or
- Gym Birthday Party (Sundays) or
- Bouncy Castle Birthday (Sundays)
- Skate Birthday Party
(Saturdays and Sundays 12-2:30pm)
Skate & helmet rentals included.
Choose from one of these Included lunch meals from Red’s Grill:
- Hot Dog & fries with juice box
- Cheeseburger & fries with juice box
- Grilled Cheese & fries with juice box
Code of Conduct
We strive to ensure that all persons are treated with Dignity, Respect, Honesty & Fairness. It is everyone’s responsibility to report witnessed misconduct. Behaviour will not be tolerated, ignored or condoned if it is:
- aggressive, offensive, abusive or harassing
- interferes with another person’s enjoyment of the recreation facilities
- unsafe to the person or others around them.
- impedes staff’s ability to conduct business.
Together we make all recreation safe.
Day Camp is a fun & exciting camp opportunity offered on school Professional Days, Spring Break, during summer and winter vacation. Activities include swimming, skating, sports, games, arts & crafts & more!
- Six lane – 25 meter Main pool used primarily for length swimming, lessons & water fitness classes.
- The pool is maintained at 29 C (84 F).
- 3,000 sq ft Leisure Pool featuring two 15 meter lanes, a Vortex with 23 velocity jets, water cannons, bumble bucket, and much more! The pool is maintained at a comfortable 32.5 C (90 F).
- 300′ waterslide featuring a 30′ drop
- Large men’s, women’s & family changerooms
- Large swirlpool maintained at 40 C (104 F)
- Sauna, steam room, teach pool, tarzan swing and more!
- Two full size ice arenas with seating for 400 each
- Four sheet curling rink with lobby and mezzanine
- Wide variety of Skating Programs available
- Curling information contact the Granite Curling Club
- Skate rentals and more available through the skate shop
- Concession Services provided by Red’s Grill
Weight Room Hours
Monday – Friday 5:30 am – 10:00 pm
Saturday 7:00 am – 9:00 pm
Sunday 10:00 am – 9:00 pm
Weight Room Amenities
- 3,600 sq. foot weight room
- State of the art TechnoGym multi-media fitness equipment for people of all ages & abilities
- Hammer Strength strength equipment for more advanced users
- Non intimidating, friendly atmosphere for users of all fitness levels
- Wide range of core & balance accessories
- Free (with paid admission) Fitness Orientation for all new users
- Fitness studio features spring loaded floor, mirrors & dance bar
- Fitness studio has the largest drop-in fitness schedule in the valley
Non intimidating atmosphere for users of all fitness levels
Fitness studio features spring loaded floor, mirrors & dance bar
Squash & Racquetball Courts
- One convertible racquetball/squash court
- One squash only court
- No membership required! Drop-in available
- Court bookings are accepted in advance
- To book a court, please call 604.820.5350
- Room includes an Xbox, Pro Billiards table, table tennis, air hcokey, home theatre setup with giant 6 foot screen, great sound system & more!
- Open Tue, Wed & Thu from 3:00 – 9pm, Fridays 3:00 – 9:45pm & Saturdays 5:00 – 8:45pm.
- Wednesdays FREE youth gym: 3:30-5pm, dodgeball, basketball & more!
- For more information, call (604.820.5362) or contact email@example.com
- Check us out on facebook.com/MLCyouth.lounge
A wide variety of multi-purpose rooms ranging in size from 400 – 4,000 sq. feet are used for programs and available for programs and community use.
Click here for pictures and more information on available rooms throughout the District including School Gyms & Parks.
To reserve space e-mail the booking clerk.
Water Spray Park
- Based on a railroad theme, the Water Spray Park is located adjacent to the Leisure Centre Pool
- This park features a large number of interactive spray devices as well as the popular tumble buckets.
- The sprays are activated by pressing on the railroad sign lights
- Washroom facilities and picnic tables are also available on site.
- The water spray park is open from 10am to 8pm every day starting the May long weekend & ending Labour Day.
- The park is also open during weekends in September – weather permitting.
Oasis Mission Physiotherapy
- Physiotherapy Clinic featuring professional licenced kinesiologists
Provides Physiotherapy services, Kinesiology services, Anatomical
Acupuncture, Women’s Health programs, Activation programs,
Hydrotherapy and more.
- Located in the lower lobby of the Leisure Centre opposite the pool.
Serving Mission and the surrounding area for over 25 years
Hours: Mon-Thu, 6:30am-5pm and Fridays, 6:30am-4pm
Phone: 604.820.8285 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Featuring a wide variety of food & beverages including daily specials.
Provides all food and beverage services for the Mission Leisure Centre including Birthday Party packages and special events.
Catering available upon request
Hours: 10am – 9pm seven days a week
- Phone: 604.814.2839 or email: email@example.com