The District of Mission operates the Hatzic Cemetery which is located at 34867 Cemetery Avenue in the eastern area of Mission. From Lougheed Highway, go north on Dewdney Trunk Road which continues north and becomes Draper Street before turning west and becoming Cemetery Avenue. The pedestrian gates are always open. The Cemetery vehicle gates are open from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, except for Statutory Holidays, however it is open for Remembrance Day (Nov 11). Cemetery information and funeral arrangements can be obtained from our office at the Mission Leisure Centre Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm or by calling 604-820-5354 during these hours.
Hatzic Cemetery Location
34867 Cemetery Avenue, Mission, BC Click here for a location map.
Cemetery Services Office Location: Mission Leisure Centre 7650 Grand St, Mission, BC Click here for a location map.
- Full burial plots – one full burial and 5 cremains or 6 cremains
- Cremation plots – two cremains
- Columbarium Niche – one and/or two occupant niches
- all tablets are to be flush with the ground.
- All memorial markers require a 3 inch cement/granite surround or base for bronze plaques, previous to delivery to Hatzic Cemetery
- 18” X 30” X 3″ – for side by side full burial plots
- 12” X 20″ X 3″ – full burial plots and cremains plots
- 8” X 12″ X 3″ – alternate for full burial and cremains plots
Click here for conditions and regulations of memorial markers.
Phone 604.820.5354 or e-mail the cemetery clerk for more information. Click here for current Cemetery Bylaw 5664-2017. Hatzic Cemetery is legislated under the BC Cremation, Interment and Funeral Services Act.