Councillor Cal Crawford
Acting Mayor: June/December
Cal Crawford has served on Council since 2018.
Crawford and his wife, Sharon, have lived in Mission for 30 years and have two adult children and three grandchildren. Crawford started his working career as a grocery clerk and after two years he started an apprenticeship as an electrician. He received his Red Seal Electrician’s License and worked in the trade for 13 years. Crawford then decided to pursue a long held interest in real estate and subsequently earned his Real Estate license, which he eventually upgraded to an Agent’s License. He spent 37 years in the Real Estate profession and became well known for his expertise in ownership, management, training and sales. Crawford retired from Real Estate on June 30, 2016.
During his life, Crawford has always been a strong believer in contributing to the community and likes to be involved at all levels. Since moving to Mission in 1989, Cal has volunteered with numerous groups, including:
- President – Mission Regional Chamber of Commerce, 1991-1992, 1993, 2005, 2011.
- 1st Vice President Mission Regional Chamber of Commerce, 2004, 2015.
- 2nd Vice President Mission Regional Chamber of Commerce, 2003, 2014.
- President – Kinsmen Club of Mission City, 1991/92 year.
- Chairman – Mission Centennial Committee, 1992.
- Chairman – Economic Advisory Committee for District of Mission, 1992, 1993.
- Delegate- Citizens Advisory Committee to Commuter Rail, 1995.
- Manpower Chairman- Mission Regional Chamber of Commerce Candlelight Parade, 1996,1997,1998,1999.
- Host of Rogers Cable “People & Policies” (Local Current Affairs Program), 1999.
- Founding and Active Member – Mission Mid-Day Rotary Club, 2000 thru 2019.
- Chairman of Mission Showcase, 2003,2006,2007.
- President of Mission M id-Day Rotary Club, 2007/ 2008 year.
- Sargeant-at-Arms Mission Mid-Day Rotary Club, 2009-2010,2011,2012,2013,2014, 2015,2016,2017,2018, 2019.
- Chairman of Community Futures North Fraser lnvestments, 2010, 2011,2012,2013. 2014,2015.
- Founding Member of Mission International Cultural Association & Director for 2011,2012 & 2103.
- Director of Fraser valley Real Estate Board-Brokers Council-2011,2012,2013,2014.
- Director of Ceremonies for BC Winter Games – Mission, 2013 & 2014.
- Director of Mission Community Services Society-2107,2018.
- Director of Mission Senior Centre Association-2017.
- Vice President of Mission Senior Centre Association 2018.
- Chairman of Mission Hospice Society-2017,2018.
- District of Mission – Exemplary Citizen Award, 1992.
- Kinsmen of the Year Fraser Valley Zone, 1992 (19 years as an active member).
- Mission Regional Chamber of Commerce Citizen of the Year, 1995.
- Honorary Life member- Kinsmen Club of Mission, 1995/1996 year.
- Business Leader of the Year Award – Mission Regional Chamber of Commerce, 2010.
- Queens Diamond Jubilee Award for Community Contribution, 2012.
- John Armaneau Professional of the Year Award from Fraser Valley Real Estate Board, 2013.
- Inducted into the Mission Sports Hall of Fame for the BC Winter Games by the District of Mission, 2014.
- Presidents Award from Mission Regional Chamber of Commerce, 2016.
- Volunteer of the Year Award from Community Futures North Fraser Investments, 2014 & 2016.
- Freeman of the City Award from the District of Mission Mayor and Council, April 19, 2018.
City advisory boards and committees
- Joint Shared Services Committee
- Mission Community Heritage Commission
Regional boards and committees
- Mission Community Services Society
- Community Futures North Fraser
- Mission International Cultural Association (MICA)
- Mission Seniors’ Centre Association
- Mission Regional Chamber of Commerce (Alternate)
- FVRD Board of Directors and FVRD Hospital Board of Directors (Alternate)
- Mission District Historical Society (Alternate)