A Public Hearing to consider the following proposed bylaws will take place on Monday, November 20, 2023 at 6:00 pm. This hearing may be viewed and heard in person at City Hall, 8645 Stave Lake Street, Mission, and on the City’s livestream webcast. Any person who believes they are affected by a proposed bylaw shall be given a reasonable opportunity to be heard.
Participation in this Public Hearing can be done by:
- in-person attendance at the Council Chambers at City Hall, 8645 Stave Lake Street, Mission, BC
- virtual attendance via Zoom webinar – visit Mission.ca/public-hearings for details and instructions
- written submissions forwarded by:
- email to email@example.com with PUBLIC HEARING COMMENTS as the subject line, or
- regular mail or delivery to the Corporate Officer, P.O. Box 20, 8645 Stave Lake Street, Mission, BC, V2V 4L9
All written comments should include the writer’s name and address, which will become part of the public record.
All written submissions must be received by 4:00 pm on Friday, November 17, 2023.
Bylaws to be considered:
1. ZONING AMENDING BYLAW 6227-2023-5949(139) – File: R23-020
The purpose of the proposed bylaw amendment is to rezone a portion of 33215 & 33247 – 2nd Avenue from the Institutional Parks Recreation and Civic (IPRC) Zone to the Mission City Downtown Two (DT2) Zone to facilitate development of a mixed-use residential building on 33281 -2nd Avenue, consisting of three commercial units and 85 residential units.
For further information view: Information Package – R23-020
2. ZONING AMENDING BYLAW 6230-2023-5949(142) – File: R21-031
The purpose of the proposed bylaw amendment is to rezone 32518 & 32544 Tunbridge Avenue from the Rural Residential 7 (RR7) Zone to the Multi-unit Townhouse One (MT1) Zone to facilitate a townhouse development.
For further information view: Information Package – R21-031
Following the Public Hearing, Council shall not receive further information or submissions and may consider advancing bylaws forward for additional readings.
Copies of the proposed bylaws and reports relevant to these bylaws may be inspected at City Hall, 8645 Stave Lake Street, Mission, BC, Monday to Friday, excluding statutory holidays, from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, from Friday, November 3, 2023 to Monday, November 20, 2023. The information is also available on our website at mission.ca by searching “Public Hearing Information”. For further information regarding these bylaws, please contact Planning at 604-820-3748.
Dated at Mission, BC this 17th day of October, 2023.