Pursuant to the provisions of Sections 464 and 466 of the Local Government Act, a Public Hearing will take place in the Council Chambers of the Municipal Hall, 8645 Stave Lake Street, Mission, BC at 6:00 pm on Monday, October 21, 2019 to consider the following proposed bylaws:
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING – AVAILABLE HERE
Item 1 – ZONING AMENDING BYLAW 5861-2019-5050(355) – (ZBT19-001 – District of Mission)
The purpose of the Bylaw is to allow the sale of retail cannabis as a permitted use in specific commercial zones subject to spatial restrictions to schools and other cannabis retail stores.
The Zoning Amending Bylaw proposes to:
A. Update the current definitions of Marihuana Sales and Medical Marihuana Grow Operation to include the terms:
- Cannabis Act
- Cannabis Control and Licensing Act
- Cannabis Production Facility
- Cannabis Retail Store
B. Permit the Cannabis Retail Store as a principal use within the following zones:
- Commercial Highway One Zone (CH1)
- Commercial Highway Two Zone (CH2)
- Commercial Community Gaming Zone (CCG)
- Core Commercial Waterfront Zone (CCW)
- Commercial Neighborhood Centre One Zone (CNC1)
- Commercial Gas Service Station Zone (CGS)
- Commercial Vehicle Dealership Zone (CVD)
- Comprehensive Development 24 Zone (CD24) – Rexall Plaza
- Commercial Rural Zone (CR)
- Commercial Rural Liquor Zone (CRL)
- Silverdale Neighbourhood 1A Zone.
C. Include the following restrictions for a Cannabis Retail Store:
- Maximum of one Cannabis Retail Store on a property;
- Not to be located within 250m of a public or private school when the Cannabis Retail Store is located within the Mission City Downtown or Neighbourhood Centre designation; and
- Not to be located within 150m of another Cannabis Retail Store when the Cannabis Retail Store is located within the Mission City Downtown or Neighbourhood Centre.
D. Prohibit: Cannabis Production Facility use except as permitted by the Agricultural Land Reserve Use Regulations.
Item 2 – BUSINESS LICENCE AMENDING BYLAW 5859-2019-3964(7)
The purpose of the Bylaw is to create a new “Cannabis Retail Store” definition, a new licence category, and a new business licence fee for the new category.
INFORMATION PACKAGE – UPDATED – AVAILABLE HERE
Copies of the proposed bylaws and report relevant to these bylaws may be inspected at the Municipal Hall, 8645 Stave Lake Street, Mission, BC, Monday to Friday, excluding statutory holidays, from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, and at the Mission Library, 33247 2nd Avenue, during regular opening hours, from Friday, October 11, 2019 to Monday, October 21, 2019. The information is also available on our website at mission.ca by searching “Public Hearing Information”. For further information regarding these bylaws, please contact the Development Services Department at (604) 820-3748.
At the Public Hearing, persons who believe that they are affected by either of the proposed bylaws will have the opportunity to be heard.
Should you have any comments or concerns you wish to convey to Council and you cannot attend the meeting, please submit in writing to the Corporate Officer by 4:00 pm on Friday, October 18, 2019.
You may forward your submission by:
- Mailing or delivering to the Corporate Officer’s Office, P.O. Box 20, 8645 Stave Lake Street, Mission, BC, V2V 4L9
- Faxing: 604-826-1363 (Attn: Corporate Officer)
- E-mail: email@example.com with PUBLIC HEARING COMMENTS as the subject line
Please note: Submissions that are subject of a public hearing, public meeting or other public processes will be included, in their entirety, in the public information package and will form part of the public record. Council shall not receive further information or submissions after the conclusion of the Public Hearing.
Following the Public Hearing portion of the meeting, Council may consider advancing bylaws forward for additional readings.
Jennifer Russell, Corporate Officer
Dated at Mission, BC this 8th day of October, 2019.