Here are some of the projects underway in and around our community from across Municipal operations.
- Utility crews have replaced the water main between 7th and 14th Avenue and are now working on individual residential connections to the main. Plan your route accordingly as the construction may cause traffic interruptions throughout the summer.
- Roads crews continue to patch any areas that were accessed for utility maintenance over the winter. Roadway repairs will continue throughout the summer.
- Crews are in the process of laying an asphalt pathway to join the existing concrete sidewalk on the south side of Cherry Avenue near Albert McMahon School, through Griner Park, and connecting to the west side of the sidewalk at Cedar Street and Cherry Avenue.
- Utility crews are finishing hydrant inspections, which include inspecting and flushing hydrants. Small amounts of water may be visible near the hydrants as the testing occurs. As a result of the inspections, some hydrants may be out of service as crews correct any maintenance issues. All emergency services are aware of which hydrants are temporarily out of service.
- Mosquito larvae treatments are underway as part of the Fraser Valley Regional District’s Nuisance Mosquito Control Program. For those who have mosquito control inquiries or would like to report mosquito breeding sites within the Fraser River corridor, call the FVRD’s Mosquito Hotline at 1-888-733-2333.
Property Tax Payment and Home Owner Grants – Past Due
July 4 was the last day to pay your 2017 property taxes without penalty. A penalty will be added to any current balances outstanding (including unclaimed home owner grants) after July 4, 2017.
Questions? Please contact the Finance Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-820-3717.
Parks, Recreation & Culture
Parks, Recreation, Arts & Culture Master Plan Input
We’re building a plan to guide how we manage Parks, Recreation, Arts & Culture over the next 10-15 years. Over the summer, we will have a number of opportunities for you to get involved and provide us with your input on the future of Parks, Recreation, Arts & Culture in Mission.
There are currently two ways to get involved. Visit mission.ca/your-voice and:
- Take 5 minutes to fill out our anonymous survey to help us identify priorities and opportunities for improving Parks, Recreation, Arts & Culture in Mission.
- Join our online chat. Share your thought and suggestions with us our online discussion.
Summer Day Camps
Looking for an action packed, fun filled adventure for your kids? Check out our Summer Day Camp options! Register for one day or for the whole Summer. Activities include swimming, crafts, fencing, skateboarding, video game design and robotics, and more.
Check out p. 28 of the Leisure Guide located at www.mission.ca/leisure or call 604-820-5350 for more information.
Rec on Tour
Coming soon to a park near you – our Play Leaders will be on location from 5-7 pm with games, crafts, and more!
- July 11 – Kinsmen Park West
- July 18 – Centennial Park
- July 25 – Lightburn Park
- August 1 – Fraser River Heritage Park
- August 8 – Kinsmen Park West
- August 15 – Centennial Park
- August 22 – Lightburn Park
Call our Parks & Rec Department at 604-820-5350 for more information.