Update: January 10, 2022 at 2:45pm
The City of Mission, in consultation with the Fraser Health Authority, is pleased to announce that the boil water advisory for the Ruskin Townsite Water systems issued December 1, 2021, has been rescinded.
All bacterial test results indicate that the drinking water meets the requirements of the Drinking Water Protection Act and Regulation, and does not need to be boiled prior to consumption.
What Should You Do?
- Flush all water-using fixtures for 1 minute.
- Drain and flush pressure tanks (where applicable).
- Run cold water faucets and drinking fountains for 1 minute before using water.
- Drain and flush all ice-making machines.
- Run water softeners through a regeneration cycle (where applicable).
- Drain and refill hot water heater.
Once this has been done, there are no concerns with water from the municipal supply.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation.
For more information:
City of Mission, Public Works at 604-820-3761
City of Mission, website: mission.ca/alerts
If you have any questions concerning the public health impacts of this advisory, please contact Fraser Health Authority at 604-870-7903.