Spring Clean-up 2020
Rescheduled to September 21 – October 2.
Pick-up will take place on residents regular garbage collection day. See Calendar below.
Additional COVID-19 precautions may apply and will be advertised closer to this event.
Household Hazardous Waste Day
Rescheduled to October 3
Due to COVID-19, the number of customers allowed at the drop-off counter has been limited to two at a time. To reduce waiting times for other customers, please sort your recyclables at home. Recyclables are accepted in the following eight categories:
- Stretchy plastic film and bags (bread bags, shopping bags, beverage case overwrap etc.)
- Other flexible packaging (crinkly plastic film, chip bag, candy wrappers, etc., and Ziploc™ bags)
- Retail packaging containers (metal cans, metal and plastic lids, rigid plastic cups, tubs and pails, dairy cartons etc.)
- Paper products and paper packaging (newspaper, flyers, tissue boxes, shoe cartons etc.)
- Corrugated cardboard
- White Styrofoam (meat trays, electronics packaging etc. – NO peanuts)
- Coloured Styrofoam™ (No peanuts)
- Container glass (jars and bottles, place metal and plastic lids with retail packaging containers)
The depot also accepts electronics, appliances, paint, domestic pesticides, gasoline, used motor oil, antifreeze, vegetable-based cooking oil and lighting products.
Drop-off day will take place at the Mission Recycling Depot from 9 am – 1 pm.
Details about acceptable materials for both the cleanup and household hazardous waste day can be found in the in the curbside collection calendar.